Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH connection issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH connection issue Post 302551042 by sulti on Monday 29th of August 2011 07:00:48 AM
Old 08-29-2011
Why did You use authorized_keys2 file on server side? Default sshd setting uses authorized_keys (without trailing "2"). Maybe that's the problem...
This User Gave Thanks to sulti For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh connection

pls how do i connect to my freebsd server via ssh from a windows client?? I have sshd running on d freebsd server. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh connection

Hi @ all! I've a problem with a ssh-connection. I want to establish a ssh-connection between an AIX-System and an SunOS-System without a password. The Users are different one's. Command : user1@server1 /home/user1 > ssh user2@server2 Is it possible? Greetings olli-h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olli-h
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection script

Hi all, I'm writing a script that chooses the best computer available in an open lab. The script works great except every now and then there is a dead computer in the lab that begins the ssh handshaking, but freezes after the following: debug1: Offering public key: When the script happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-375HK-x
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Ssh connection

hi, I have ssh connection between two servers for a functional Id for SFTP purpose. I aim is to setup this for is only work when below command is used by a .ksh script. ssh userid@servername:/directory Unfortunately users who have access to functional id are manually using above command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy26615
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection-less using ssh

Hi! I know its a recurring problem, but I am failing to sort this out, I have two servers ( A and B), in which I am able to connect without having to put password from server B to server A, but the connect from server A to server B. takes 7 minutes to establish??? on Server A, I have the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ssh refuse connection

I have 2 servers - x2200 and x4200 sun solaris i am having difficulty connecting between the 2 servers using ssh command even as they see each other using ping command. Find below the message i am getting :- @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdull
4 Replies

8. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
ssh-import-id(1)						    ssh-import							  ssh-import-id(1)

NAME
ssh-import-id - retrieve one or more public keys from a public keyserver (Launchpad.net by default) and append them to the current user's authorized_keys file (or some other specified file) SYNOPSIS
ssh-import-id [options] USER_ID_1 [USER_ID_2] ... [USER_ID_n] OPTIONS
-h | --help usage -o | --output F write output to file 'F' (default ~/.ssh/authorized_keys, use "-" for standard out) DESCRIPTION
This utility will securely contact a public keyserver (https://launchpad.net by default) and retrieve one or more user's public keys, and append these to the current user's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file. The system administrator can change the source URL used by ssh-import-id(1) by editing the configuration file, /etc/ssh/ssh_import_id, which is sourced to obtain the value of URL. By default, URL="https://launchpad.net/~%s/+sshkeys". Note that this url really MUST be a secure, https url with a valid, signed certificate or else your system will be vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks! The "%s" will be populated by ssh-import-id(1) with the value(s) of USER_ID_1 [USER_ID_2] ... [USER_ID_n]. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) FILES
/etc/ssh/ssh_import_id AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@canonical.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Per- mission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. ssh-import 23 Feb 2010 ssh-import-id(1)