Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a 30GB XML file into 16 pieces Post 302551016 by shoaibjameel123 on Monday 29th of August 2011 05:19:51 AM
Old 08-29-2011
Well, that is not a strict criteria for me, I just want to split the file into 16 pieces by keeping the tags intact. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to split XML file

Hi, I'm experiencing difficulty in loading an XML file to an Oracle destination table.I keep running into a memory problem due to the large size of the file. I want to split the XML file into several smaller files based on the keyword(s)/tags : '' and '' and would like to use a Unix shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayflash27
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I split file into pieces with PERL?

How do I split file into pieces with PERL? IE file.txt head 1 2 3 4 end head 5 6 7 8 9 end n so on (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to split a huge file into small pieces (per 2000 columns)?

Dear all, I have a big file:2879(rows)x400,170 (columns) like below. I 'd like to split the file into small pieces:2879(rows)x2000(columns) per file (the last small piece will be 2879x170. So far, I only know how to create one samll piece at one time. But actually I need to repeat this work... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into many

Hi, I had a scenario need a help as I am new to this. I have a xml file employee.xml with the below content. <Organisation><employee>xxx</employee><employee>yyy</employee><employee>zzz</employee></Organisation> I want to split the file into multiple file as below. Is there a specifice way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mankuar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split XML file

Hi Experts, Can you please help me to split following XML file based on new Order ? Actual file is very big. I have taken few lines of it. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <Orders xmlns='http://www.URL.com/Orders'> <Order> <ORDNo>450321</ORDNo> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetmedude
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to split the tags from xml file

I do have an xml sheet as below where I need the perl script to filter only the hyperlink tags. <cols><col min="1" max="1" width="30.5703125" customWidth="1"/><col min="2" max="2" width="7.140625" bestFit="1" customWidth="1"/> <col min="3" max="3" width="32.28515625" bestFit="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split XML file based on tags

Hello All , Please help me with below requirement I want to split a xml file based on tag.here is the file format <data-set> some-information </data-set> <data-set1> some-information </data-set1> <data-set2> some-information </data-set2> I want to split the above file into 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Big XML file Base on tag

HI I want to split file base on tag name. I have few header and footer on file <?xml version="1.33" encing="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile" <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT"> <xn:MeContext id="PPP04156"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies
split(1)						      General Commands Manual							  split(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
line_count] suffix_length] [file [name]] nsuffix_length] [file [name]] Obsolescent n] [file [name]] DESCRIPTION
reads file and writes it in pieces (default 1000 lines) onto a set of output files. The name of the first output file is name with appended, and so on lexicographically, up to (only ASCII letters are used, a maximum of 676 files). If no output name is given, is the default. If no input file is given, or if is given instead, the standard input file is used. Options recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: The input file is split into pieces line_count lines in size. suffix_length letters are used to form the suffix of the output filenames. This option allows creation of more than 676 output files. The output file names created cannot exceed the maximum file name length allowed in the directory containing the files. The input file is split into pieces n bytes in size. The input file is split into pieces n x 1024 bytes in size. No space separates the n from the The input file is split into pieces n x 1048576 bytes in size. No space separates the n from the The input file is split into pieces n lines in size. This option is obsolescent and is equivalent to using the option. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the locale for the interpretation of text as single- and/or multi-byte characters. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. SEE ALSO
csplit(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
split(1)