Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a 30GB XML file into 16 pieces Post 302551014 by sk1418 on Monday 29th of August 2011 05:14:45 AM
Old 08-29-2011
if the big file is a well-formed xml file, how to handle the root element?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to split XML file

Hi, I'm experiencing difficulty in loading an XML file to an Oracle destination table.I keep running into a memory problem due to the large size of the file. I want to split the XML file into several smaller files based on the keyword(s)/tags : '' and '' and would like to use a Unix shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayflash27
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I split file into pieces with PERL?

How do I split file into pieces with PERL? IE file.txt head 1 2 3 4 end head 5 6 7 8 9 end n so on (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to split a huge file into small pieces (per 2000 columns)?

Dear all, I have a big file:2879(rows)x400,170 (columns) like below. I 'd like to split the file into small pieces:2879(rows)x2000(columns) per file (the last small piece will be 2879x170. So far, I only know how to create one samll piece at one time. But actually I need to repeat this work... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into many

Hi, I had a scenario need a help as I am new to this. I have a xml file employee.xml with the below content. <Organisation><employee>xxx</employee><employee>yyy</employee><employee>zzz</employee></Organisation> I want to split the file into multiple file as below. Is there a specifice way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mankuar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split XML file

Hi Experts, Can you please help me to split following XML file based on new Order ? Actual file is very big. I have taken few lines of it. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <Orders xmlns='http://www.URL.com/Orders'> <Order> <ORDNo>450321</ORDNo> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetmedude
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to split the tags from xml file

I do have an xml sheet as below where I need the perl script to filter only the hyperlink tags. <cols><col min="1" max="1" width="30.5703125" customWidth="1"/><col min="2" max="2" width="7.140625" bestFit="1" customWidth="1"/> <col min="3" max="3" width="32.28515625" bestFit="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split XML file based on tags

Hello All , Please help me with below requirement I want to split a xml file based on tag.here is the file format <data-set> some-information </data-set> <data-set1> some-information </data-set1> <data-set2> some-information </data-set2> I want to split the above file into 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Big XML file Base on tag

HI I want to split file base on tag name. I have few header and footer on file <?xml version="1.33" encing="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile" <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT"> <xn:MeContext id="PPP04156"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies
HWLOC-ASSEMBLER(1)						       hwloc							HWLOC-ASSEMBLER(1)

NAME
hwloc-assembler - Assemble multiple XML topologies SYNOPSIS
hwloc-assembler [options] output.xml [--name <name1>] input1.xml [--name <name2>] input2.xml ... OPTIONS
-n --name <name> Set <name> in the AssemblerName info attribute of the next input topology root to ease identification within the final global topol- ogy. -f --force Ignore errors while reading input files. -v --verbose Verbose messages. DESCRIPTION
hwloc-assembler combines the input XML topologies and exports the resulting global topologies to a new XML file. All inputs are inserting as children of the global root object. Each input topology root is annotated with info attributes before insertion. AssemblerIndex is set to the index within the list of inputs. AssemblerName is set to the name given with --name if any. hwloc-assembler-remote offers a fron- tend for assembling remote nodes topologies without having to manually gather and transfer each of them. EXAMPLES
To assemble two nodes topologies: $ hwloc-assembler output.xml --name host1 host1.xml --name host2 host2.xml RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-assembler returns 0. hwloc-assembler will return nonzero if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to parse the command line. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-assembler-remote(1) 1.4.1 Feb 27, 2012 HWLOC-ASSEMBLER(1)