Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting OS X: How to run script from Finder as icon Post 302550880 by HotPez on Sunday 28th of August 2011 10:39:01 AM
Old 08-28-2011
Question OS X: How to run script from Finder as icon

Hello,

Running Mac OS X 10.6.8. I have this very simple script within a directory where I play (modify, compile, run) with some java code. When I'm finished I run this script to erase all the .java and .class files and copy clean versions from the subdirectory Backup. I can run this script by typing ./scriptName.sh and it works fine.

I would like to just have an icon in the same directory where I am playing so I don't have to go to terminal to run the script. (No need to use the echo statements.) I tried AppleScript and Automator, but not being experienced, well, I don't know what else to do. I tried stating the full path for the commands, but still no success. The .sh has the right chmod executable settings, etc.

I can do this easily in Windows with a batch file and just clicking it's icon. Any kind suggestions? Thank you.
Code:
#! /bin/bash
# Shell script to replace working files in this current directory
# with the old backed up files in the subdirectory Backup
echo "Removing *.java from this current directory."
rm *.java
echo "Removing *.class from this current directory."
rm *.class
echo "Copying backup files from Backup directory to this current directory."
cp Backup/*.* .
echo "Finished script."

Last edited by Scott; 08-28-2011 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Added code tags

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Change app Icon when script is completed.

In a recent topic, I asked how I could run a shell code without having to deal with terminal opening. What I'm trying to accomplish now is to make my app change it's icon when the code is complete. (With complete I mean when the process is done.) Thanks in advance. :) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Shell Script to change desktop short cut Icon

I have installed my flash application using shell script. I have created short cut to desktop. Now i want to change the default short cut Icon. Please tell me script to change the short cut icon. ---------- Post updated at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 AM ---------- Working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohaneee
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Bash from Windows icon?

Is it possible to run a bash using a by creating an icon or shortcut in windows 7? Everything seems to be for unix or linux and unfortunately my institution is windows. For example, run bash ~/newbatch.sh by clicking on an icon on a users desktop. Cygwin will be installed as well. Thank you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
JSYMPHONIC(1)						      General Commands Manual						     JSYMPHONIC(1)

NAME
jsymphonic - File manager for Sony's MP3 players SYNOPSIS
jsymphonic DESCRIPTION
jsymphonic manages files stored on a Sony MP3 player plugged onto the computer. Important note: The MP3 player should be mounted first ! You might want to use pmount(1) to mount it without needing root privileges. The first time it is run, jsymphonic will ask you in which directory the MP3 player is mounted. This directory should not change, or you will need to configure it again. If jsymphonic complains that it cannot find the OMGAUDIO folder, it means that either the music player is not mounted, either the path of the player has not been set yet. If that is the case, set it using the JSymphonic/Properties menu item. JAVA-WRAPPERS NOTE This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers(7). You therefore benefit from several features; please see the java-wrap- pers(7) manual page for more information about them. SEE ALSO
pmount(1) and java-wrappers(7) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> from the Debian project, but may be used by others. 26-01-2009 JSYMPHONIC(1)