Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Apply Patch 119963-21 to Solaris 10 Sparc Post 302550808 by frank_rizzo on Saturday 27th of August 2011 03:08:16 PM
Old 08-27-2011
go the safe route and shutdown the database, enter single user mode and apply the patch.
This User Gave Thanks to frank_rizzo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Apply patch for make file.

I just downloaded a updating make file to build Ethereal to .dll file, but I don't know how to update the old make file with this new one. Please help.. thnx a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueblood
1 Replies

2. Solaris

patchadd fails to apply a patch

Hello, I'm trying to apply the patch on Solaris 9 : $/jac/update$ patchadd ./112945-46 Checking installed patches... One or more patch packages included in 112945-46 are not installed on this system. Patchadd is terminating. The error message is not really talkative so I had a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Patch for Solaris 5.9 on sparc

IS the cluster_patch for Solaris 5.9 free to download from Sun web site, i just can't find it, please help? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Patch update on sunfire 280R sparc for solaris 5.9

Hi, i just finished installing solaris 5.9 and I'm looking for the tools to tell me if i should update the patches or how to make sure that the current patches are ok? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find/apply Solaris 10 ACL's

This may be a question for a different forum, but as I will need a script I thought I would start here. We recently migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. The file system in question here is ZFS, meaning the method for listing and applying ACL's has changed dramatically. To make a long story... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Issue while installing: Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23)

Hello, As explained, I've encountered an issue while installing Solaris 10 SPARC Recommended Patch Cluster (2009.10.23). Actually, patch no 120011-14 stops with the following error: ERROR: attribute verification of </var/run/.patchSafeMode/root/usr/bin/passwd> failed file type <f>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.mauger
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. AIX

Failed to apply the IZ86736 patch in TL6 SP1

while i was trying to apply the patch IZ86736 in TL6_SP1 its give me the below error instfix -d . -p -f /tmp/.instfix_selections.20512908 > File installp -acgNqXd . -f File File: bos.rte.control 06.01.0006.0003 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)