Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create account that expires in 3 days Post 302550683 by dude2cool on Friday 26th of August 2011 05:35:03 PM
Old 08-26-2011
try this, offcourse add whatever else you need as options to useradd, here I just wanted to test the expiry.

Code:
$ sudo useradd -e `date -d '+3 days' '+%Y%m%d'` test1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create an account on UNIX-server

How can i create an account on my UNIX-server? 1. The files, can't be deleted by that person. (or better: he can only delete his own upped files, or can delete files, but can't see mine) 2. He can upload files. 3. I can delete and see everything. Hope you guys can help me. B.T.W. nice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SEC
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create POP 3 Account via Shell

This may be so simple that I am overlooking it somewhere, but search as I may, I cannot find an answer anywhere! I am running a Linux box with sendmail and many different virtual domains. I cannot however, figure out how to setup a pop3 account for a specific domain. For example, I have a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermite
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make an account inactive after 90 days.

Is this possible? Say I create an account today and in 90 days I want it to be turned off. Is this sort of thing possible using the built in components of a Unix system? (Using Solaris 9) I see things about password expires, but what if the person changes his password on the 89th day,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a unix account

Hi, Please could some advise how to create a unix account, from the root account. thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Create sft account in unix

How to create sftp account in UNIX end. Anyone guide me on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

how to create hidden account in centos

hi everybody, iam using 32bit centos 6.2 on my machine, and i want to create hidden user 'test' , i mean to say while iam starting my centos at GUI mode, at that time that username 'test' should not appear at list of users, only i can use that username is command line. logging in through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paruhang
1 Replies

9. AIX

Create another root account

Hi I would like to create another root account, for example root2. I added a new user named root2 and set it's uid and gid ( in /etc/passwd ) to 0. Then I logged in ( account root2 ) and the server asked to change the password, so I changed. And the problem happend. The password of both root... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
15 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)