Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xWindows error: xhost unable to open display Post 302550664 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 26th of August 2011 04:15:36 PM
Old 08-26-2011
Good for you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2

I am trying to build a tuxedo server which in turn depends on several Pro*C programs. I am doing it on HP-UX system. It looks to me that the ORACLE_HOME is set properly. But I am getting error message when trying to build. PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file, facility PR2 exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xhost: unable to open display????

I am a dba, not an sa, that recently had to take over administering an HP-UX server. Needless to say I am not in a comfortable area, but found out that of all people I am the most knowledgeable on unix here .... scary thought I know. I am having troubles exporting my display to a Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to launch xwindows from aix ?

Unable to launch xwindows from aix box ..No clue whats wrong .Help me out how to debug this issue ? export DISPLAY=ipadress:port.sessionid then try launching application ... I am getting error can't display thanks, kittu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message file

Hi, I was compiling few C programs in the unix server and getting the following error message rm: /home/a0xxx28/AVT/SEEDLIBRARYDB/LIB/*.a non-existent proc MODE=ANSI CODE=ANSI_C INCLUDE=/home/a0xxx28/PVT/SEEDLIBRARYDB/INCLUDE INCLUDE=/home/a0xxx28/PVT/SEEDLIBRARY/INCLUDE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Hi, I get errors while running xclock from a non root user: # xclock --- this works fine # su - girish $ DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY $ xclock Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error: Can't open display: :0.0 $ I basically want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to open Crontab

Hi, I have 2 solaris server. I can able to open to see cron entry by using crontab -l in one of the server. I cant able to open another server. How to check if crontab is fixed in that server. If not then how to make a crontab in that server. Please advice. Thanks, Mani ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Unable display txt file.

Hello, I am unable to display downloaded file from unbunto. its says cat filename no file and directory but file is there. i saved file on desktop. i am using vmware players . could you please help to with the command. THANK YOU (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raz33
8 Replies

10. AIX

Cannot open xwindows/xterm as a root

disabled the direct root login on all the AIX LPARs. So' only can become root by "su" to root from normal/regular user account. Issue is, I cannot open xwindows (xterm or xming) from my LPAR as a root. But I can open/access Xwindows using a USER account. />xclock Error: Can't open... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
9 Replies
xrestop(1)						      General Commands Manual							xrestop(1)

NAME
xrestop - monitor server resources used by X11 clients SYNOPSIS
xrestop -help xrestop [ -display display ] [ --batch ] [ --delay-time seconds ] DESCRIPTION
Xrestop uses the X-Resource extension to provide 'top'-like statistics of each connected X11 client's server-side resource usage. It is intended as a developer tool to aid more efficient server resource usage and debug server-side resource leakage. OPTIONS
--help Show usage. --display, -d <display> Specify X11 display to monitor. --delay-time, -dt <seconds> Time in seconds between taking samples. Default is 2 seconds. --batch, -b Run in batch mode. Slightly more detailed infomation is streamed to stdout rather than the usual curses interface. This mode is intended for debugging a single client with something like xrestop -b | grep -A 14 appname --max-samples, -m <count> Specify number of times to gather and display results. Default is continuous, which can be set with 0 (zero). SEE ALSO
X(7), top(1). BUGS
The X-Resource extension is very new and may not be 100% accurate. AUTHOR
xrestop was written by Matthew Allum <mallum@handhelds.org>. xrestop(1)