Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help! Post 302550539 by sk1418 on Friday 26th of August 2011 04:48:20 AM
Old 08-26-2011
note that everytime your run this script, you get the same x value in same line. but in the file, every x-value should be unique. If you want to get different x-value in each run, change the srand seed please.

Code:
awk '/x/{srand(NR);v=rand()*50+1;$0="<x>"v"</x>"};1' yourFile

output:
Code:
<x>12.8894</x>
<y>72.4853691731618</y>
<z>0.0</z>
<x>37.5135</x>
<y>54.678596788603365</y>
<z>0.0</z>

This User Gave Thanks to sk1418 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml with awk/sed

Hi people!, I need extract from the file (test-file.txt) the values between <context> and </context> tag's , the total are 7 lines,but i can only get 5 or 2 lines!!:confused: Please look my code: #awk '/context/{flag=1} /\/context/{flag=0} !/context/{ if (flag==1) p rint $0; }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricgamch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to extract data from Xml file

Hi, I want to get data from Xml file by using sed or awk command. I want to get the following result : mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 and save it in cvs file (fichier.cvs). FROM this Xml file (test.xml): <playlist version="1"> <trackList> <track>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Parse XML from bash script

I am completely new to bash scripting and now need to write a bash script that would parse a XML file and take out values from specific tags. I tried using xsltproc, xml_grep commands. But the issue is that the XML i am trying to parse is not UTF 8. so those commands are unable to parse my XML's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED/AWK to extract xml at end of file

Hello everyone, Firstly i do not require alot of help.. i am right at the end of finishing my scipt but cannot find a solution to the last part. What i need to do is, prompt the user for a file to work with, which i have done. promt the user for an output file - which is done. #!/bin/bash... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugh86
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in using sed/awk for line insertion in xml

Hello, I have two text files (txt1 and txt2). txt1 contains many lines with a single number in each line. txt2 (xml format) contains information about the numbers given in txt1. I need to insert one line in txt2 within the scope of each number taken from txt1. Sample problem: txt1: 12 23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xml to csv using sed and awk command

Hi Guys, Can you help me in creating shell script using sed,awk etc commands to generate csv file using xml file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Couldn't read file' error in bash script with expect, sed and awk!

Ok, so I have a bash script with an embedded expect statement. Inside of the expect statement, i'm trying to pull all of the non-comment lines from the /etc/oratab file one at a time. Here's my command: cat /etc/oratab |sed /^s*#/d\ | awk 'NR==1'|awk -F: '{print \"$1\"}'|. oraenv Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexdglover
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync script to rewrite suffix - BASH, awk, sed, perl?

trying to write up a script to put the suffix back. heres what I have but can't get it to do anything :( would like it to be name.date.suffix rsync -zrlpoDtub --suffix=".`date +%Y%m%d%k%M%S`.~" --bwlimit=1024 /mymounts/test1/ /mymounts/test2/ while IFS=. read -r -u 9 -d '' name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmituzas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify xml using sed or awk

Hi All, I want to modify(changing the status from "on" to "off" status of Stage-element value from the below xml file using sed or awk: File Name: global.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <widget> <name>HTTP-POOL</name> <attributes> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wamqemail2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation with sed/awk in a bash script

Guys, I have a variable in a script that I want to transform to into something else Im hoping you guys can help. It doesn't have to use sed/awk but I figured these would be the simplest. DATE=20160120 I'd like to transform $DATE into "01-20-16" and move it into a new variable called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendenyc
8 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)