Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boolean expression in bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting boolean expression in bash Post 302550417 by mamboknave on Thursday 25th of August 2011 05:05:30 PM
Old 08-25-2011
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
You can't nest [ ].

You can't use && inside [ ]. You can inside [[ ]].

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use regular expression in Bash Shell Scripting

Hi, Actually i have written one test.sh (shell program) in bash. Here i have a variables $a which stored the value package1. Now I want to write a regular expression inside the if command that "if $a variable contains letter p in the begining of the value package1 then it is coming true.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression boolean in perl

How can I find out, that whether a regular expression are matched or not(as a boolean)?! tnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash]Function returning a boolean

Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to return a the result of a boolean expression from a function like this function() { # some code return || } and what will be the return value ? Thank you for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolphin06
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Regular expression in bash shell

hi, I have written a script to search MAC address in a given directory. MAC address would be in format XX.XX.XX.XX. The digits contain hexadecimal numbers. For this i have used grep as follows. grep -rn '^\{1,2\}\.\{1,2\}\.\{1,2\}\.\{1,2\}\$' * This is not working as required.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Boolean expression issues

Hi everybody: I'm working on a script to send emails with logs attached based on one single rule..."check if the number of errors has increased since the last time the script ran" Basically what my script does is read from a previous file with the last trace of errors the previous error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyunkel_01
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new to bash scriping and i found this expression on a bash script what does this mean.

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi espeacailly the top regex part? ---------- Post updated at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi im new to bash scripting I want to know what does the regex expression do ??

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Boolean expression

hi, im learning python language. and my teacher gives me this question on class: Boolean expression : not (p or not q) what is the correct answer for that? i still dont understand, and please give me a link for a new beginner in python to learn. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using boolean expression Bash script

Hi, Im trying to write a Bash script that calculates the least common subnet for two address. Theoretical: I have to change IP from decimal to binary, then apply XNOR on the two IPs. I tried to write this: #!/bin/bash echo "Ebter the first ip" read ip1 echo "Enter the second ip" read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miron
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign result of boolean expression?

Hello I would to write the test on one line like : declare -i x=0 y=0 ........ some code assign value 0 or 1 to x and y ........ # if either x or y or both is set to 1, then do something if -o ; then do_something fi Any help is welcome (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)