Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call shell script function from awk script Post 302550331 by Corona688 on Thursday 25th of August 2011 10:42:11 AM
Old 08-25-2011
awk is its own, self-contained language, not a shell language extension.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call a function in shell script

i have a function written in one shell script and i want to call that function in another shell script and use the value returned by that script. can any one suggest me how can i do that? regards, Rajesh.P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh.P
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a function in shell script from another shell script

I've 2 shell scripts viz., CmnFuncs.ksh and myScript.ksh. 1st script contains all common functions and its code is as below: $vi CmnFuncs.ksh #!/bin/ksh RunDate() { .... .... export Rundt=`date +%Y%m%d` } 2nd script is invoking the above one and I expect to use the RunDt variable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation fault in function call, shell script

I am getting Segmentation fault at below function call in my script: get_x() { sqlplus -s / <<end | grep KEEP | sed 's/KEEP//;s///g' select 'KEEP' ,table_name from all_synonyms where upper(synonym_name)= '$1'; exit end x=$(get_x $1) echo " SQL OUTPUT IS :: $x" } I am getting output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IB_88
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

8. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange function call in the shell script parse_prog_args $@

I am converting shell script to Perl. In shell I have a code parse_prog_args() { if then while do case $1 in -P* | -p* ) export PROCESS_DATE=$2 export MM=`echo $2 | cut -c5-6` export DD=`echo $2 | cut -c7-8` export YY=`echo $2 | cut -c3-4` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
Preferred(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Preferred(3pm)

NAME
Lingua::Preferred - Perl extension to choose a language SYNOPSIS
use Lingua::Preferred qw(which_lang acceptable_lang); my @wanted = qw(en de fr it de_CH); my @available = qw(fr it de); my $which = which_lang(@wanted, @available); print "language $which is the best of those available "; foreach (qw(en_US fr nl de_DE)) { print "language $_ is acceptable " if acceptable_lang(@wanted, $_); } DESCRIPTION
Often human-readable information is available in more than one language. Which should you use? This module provides a way for the user to specify possible languages in order of preference, and then to pick the best language of those available. Different 'dialects' given by the 'territory' part of the language specifier (such as en, en_GB, and en_US) are also supported. The routine "which_lang()" picks the best language from a list of alternatives. The arguments are: o a reference to a list of preferred languages (first is best). Here, a language is a string like 'en' or 'fr_CA'. ('fr_*' can also be given - see below.) 'C' (named for the Unix 'C' locale) matches any language. o a reference to non-empty list of available languages. Here, a language can be like 'en', 'en_CA', or "undef" meaning 'unknown'. The return code is which language to use. This will always be an element of the available languages list. The cleverness of this module (if you can call it that) comes from inferring implicit language preferences based on the explicit list passed in. For example, if you say that en is acceptable, then en_IE and en_DK will presumably be acceptable too (but not as good as just plain en). If you give your language as en_US, then en is almost as good, with the other dialects of en following soon afterwards. If there is a tie between two choices, as when two dialects of the same language are available and neither is explicitly preferred, or when none of the available languages appears in the user's list, then the choice appearing earlier in the available list is preferred. Sometimes, the automatic inferring of related dialects is not what you want, because a language dialect may be very different to the 'main' language, for example Swiss German or some forms of English. For this case, the special form 'XX_*' is available. If you dislike Mexican Spanish (as a completely arbitrary example), then "[ 'es', 'es_*', 'es_MX' ]" would rank this dialect below any other dialect of es (but still acceptable). You don't have to explicitly list every other dialect of Spanish before es_MX. So for example, supposing @avail contains the languages available: o You know English and prefer US English: $which = which_lang([ 'en_US' ], @avail); o You know English and German, German/Germany is preferred: $which = which_lang([ 'en', 'de_DE' ], @avail); o You know English and German, but preferably not Swiss German: $which = which_lang([ 'en', 'de', 'de_*', 'de_CH' ], @avail); Here any dialect of German (eg de_DE, de_AT) is preferable to de_CH. Whereas "which_lang()" picks the best language from a list of alternatives, "acceptable_lang()" answers whether a single language is included (explicitly or implicitly) in the list of wanted languages. It adds the implicit dialects in the same way. AUTHOR
Ed Avis, ed@membled.com SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.8.8 2005-10-17 Preferred(3pm)