Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zfs - get the name of the last snapshot Post 302550312 by RychnD on Thursday 25th of August 2011 09:44:46 AM
Old 08-25-2011
Thank you bartus11! That help solved my problem.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to take snapshot in solaris (using ZFS or ....)

Hi, I am working on Network Management Software product. This is supported both windows and solaris platform. I need to take the snapshot of the solaris server ( which installed our product), like vmware in windows. I think using ZFS files system, we can take the snapshot in solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to take snapshot in solaris (using ZFS or ....)

Hi, I am working on Network Management Software product. This is supported both windows and solaris platform. I need to take the snapshot of the solaris server ( which installed our product), like vmware in windows. I think using ZFS files system, we can take the snapshot in solaris 10 but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
2 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS snapshot issue.

I 've a weired situation .. my system has zfs root as its file system and now root file system is full at 100% # zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT rpool 134G 65.2M 94K /rpool rpool/ROOT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Solaris

ZFS snapshot query

I saved one of my zfs snapshot on the remote machine with following command. And now i want to restore the same snapshot to original server how can i receive it on the original server from backup server. #zfs send rpool/ROOT/sol10_patched@preConfig | ssh x.x.x.x zfs receive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Emergency - restore a deleted zfs snapshot

Hi, I deleted a zfs snapshot because it was as big as the original zfs. After the snapshot was removed, all the data in the original zfs is gone. How this happened? Can I restore the snapshot? Please help. Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

6. Solaris

How do I mount a ZFS snapshot?

I created a zpool and in it there is a zfs volume. I used that to backup data on another server using ISCSI. Now I have the data and want to take a snapshot so that I can view it on another machine that is not in production. Here is what I have done # zfs snapshot mat/vol_1@snap1 # zfs list -t... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
6 Replies
YUM-FS-SNAPSHOT.CONF(5) 					   File Formats 					   YUM-FS-SNAPSHOT.CONF(5)

NAME
yum-fs-snapshot.conf(5) SYNOPSIS
yum-fs-snapshot.conf(5) is the configuration file for yum-fs-snapshot(1) Yum plugin for snapshotting your filesystems before running a yum transaction. By default, this plugin will snapshot all filesystems that it is capable of snapshotting. This includes block-level snap- shots using LVM snapshots. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fs-snapshot.conf FILE FORMAT
yum-fs-snapshot.conf(5) utilizes configuration options in the form of OPTION=VALUE OPTION
exclude This is a space delimited list of the mount points you do not wish to have snapshotted by this plugin. OPTION
create_snapshots_in_post This is a boolean value used to control whether snapshots are also created after running the yum transaction. OPTION - [lvm] section enabled This is a boolean value used to control whether LVM snapshots will be created for filesystems built on LVM logical volumes. OPTION - [lvm] section lvcreate_size_args This is the space delimited lvcreate argument list that is used to specify the size of the snapshot LV. Valid lvcreate size options are -l or -L. If not specified then LVM snapshots will not be created for volumes that are not thinly provisioned. AUTHOR
Josef Bacik <josef@toxicpanda.com> Mike Snitzer <msnitzer@fedoraproject.org> SEE ALSO
yum-fs-snapshot(1) 3 February 2010 YUM-FS-SNAPSHOT.CONF(5)