Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console. Post 302550219 by ankitag2010 on Thursday 25th of August 2011 04:27:19 AM
Old 08-25-2011
Thanks

got the solution

cvs add <file_name> 2>&1 | tee <log_file>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to redirect console to my tty?

Is there a utility built into Solaris that will allow me to see console messages from a tty? I've done a search and see that this is possible through software like ILOM, but I'm looking for a method to do this with built in utilities. For example, on AIX, I can use swcons `tty` (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
6 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect grep command output to same file

Hi Everyone, Can anyone please tell me, how can I redirect the grep command output to same file. I am trying with below command but my original file contains no data after executing the command. $grep pattern file1 > file1 Kind Regards, Eswar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: picheswa
5 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to get the full content into a file when I redirect installp command output..

When i use the command to check the preview of the filesets to be installed using CLI # When using this commad 'm able to see all Preview view of the filesets to be installed installp -apgX -d "." all # When I redirected the same output to a file 'm able to see only half the details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect time command output to file (cygwin bash)

I have set up a bash script to run a long list of things that I need to time. I would like to redirect the output of time to a file. I have set it up like, echo "Runtimes for servlet 4, 100K structures" > test_times.txt echo "" >> test_times.txt echo "runs where N=10" >> test_times.txt echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect an output from a script to a file and display it at a console simultaneously

Hi, I'd like to redirect the STDOUT output from my script to a file and simultaneously display it at a console. I've tried this command: myscript.sh | tail -f However, it doesn't end after the script finishes running I've also tried this: myscript.sh | tee ~/results.txt But it writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I redirect output from "find", either to a file or another command?

I'm trying to find out what happened to the rogue game that apt-get told me it installed, so I thought I would find the file. I went to the root and entered: find -name "rog*.*" I get a large number of lines saying my access is denied in various directories. I figure I'll practice my Unix... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghvark
14 Replies
rancid-cvs(1)						      General Commands Manual						     rancid-cvs(1)

NAME
rancid-cvs - initialize CVS or Subversion and rancid group files and directories SYNOPSIS
rancid-cvs [-V] [group [group ...]] DESCRIPTION
rancid-cvs creates the directories and router.db(5) for each rancid group and handles the revision control system (CVS or Subversion) set- up. It must be run after installation and whenever a rancid group is added. rancid-cvs reads rancid.conf(5) to configure itself, then proceeds with the initialization. First of the CVS or Subversion repository, if necessary, and then for each of the rancid groups listed on the command-line or those in the variable LIST_OF_GROUPS from rancid.conf(5), if the argument is omitted. Running rancid-cvs for groups which already exist will not cause problems. If the group's directory already exists, the import into the revision control system will be skipped, and if it's router.db(5) already exists, it will not be altered. The command-line options are as follows: -V Prints package name and version strings. The best method for adding groups is add the group name to LIST_OF_GROUPS in rancid.conf(5), then run rancid-cvs. Do not create the directories manually, allow rancid-cvs to do it. SEE ALSO
cvs(1), rancid.conf(5), router.db(5), svn(1) 5 October 2006 rancid-cvs(1)