Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware FC-AL disk - Can I connect to a PC Post 302550086 by funkymonkey on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 02:52:54 PM
Old 08-24-2011
FC-AL disk - Can I connect to a PC

Hi All.

I have about 20 FC-AL disks (sun part number 540-6571-01) left over from when we used to have SUN servers and storage arrays. Before we can dispose of them, we need to make sure they're completely erased of all data. This is where the problem is. All our SUN hardware was disposed of before we found these disks left over so we have no SUN hardware to connect up the drives.

Can these drives be connected to a PC via an adapter? If so, which one would we need? The alterantive is a large hammer, but I'd prefer not to do that. Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to connect to a Network disk using SAMBA

Hi, I have a network disk that runs windows xp embedded. It doesnt support NFS. But Samba is supported. How do i connect to it through solaris 9. What are the steps required. I have the IP address of the drive. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
img-sun(n)																img-sun(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
img-sun - Img, Sun Raster Format (sun) SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require img::sun ?1.4? image create photo ?name? ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package img::sun is a sub-package of Img. It can be loaded as a part of the complete Img support, via package require Img, or on its own, via package require img::sun. Like all packages of Img it does not provide new commands, but extends the existing Tk command image so that it supports files containing raster images in the Sun Raster Format (sun). More specifically img::sun extends Tk's photo image type. The name of the new format handler is sun. This handler provides new additional configuration options. See section SUN OPTIONS for more detailed explanations. All of the above means that in a call like image create photo ?name? ?options? [1] Image data in sun format (options -data and -file) is detected automatically. [2] The format name sun is recognized by the option -format. In addition the value for the option is treated as list and may contain any of the special options listed in section SUN OPTIONS. SUPPORTED SUN TYPES
1-bit pixels: Black and White. 8-bit pixels: Grayscale or indexed. 24-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 8 bit). 32-bit pixels: True-color with alpha channel (RGBA, each channel 8 bit). List of currently supported features: Type | Read | Write | | -file | -data | -file | -data | ---------------------------------------- 1-bit | Yes | Yes | No | No | 8-bit | Yes | Yes | No | No | 24-bit | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | 32-bit | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | All images types may be either uncompressed or run-length encoded. SUN OPTIONS
The handler provides the following options: -verbose bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to true, additional information about the loaded/stored image is printed to stdout. Default is false. -compression type This option is supported for writing only. Set the compression mode to either none or rle. Default is rle. -matte bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to false, a matte (alpha) channel is ignored during reading or writing. Default is true. SEE ALSO
img-bmp, img-dted, img-gif, img-ico, img-intro, img-jpeg, img-pcx, img-pixmap, img-png, img-ppm, img-ps, img-raw, img-sgi, img-sun, img- tga, img-tiff, img-window, img-xbm, img-xpm KEYWORDS
image handling, sun, tk COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans@users.sourceforge.net> Img 1.4 img-sun(n)