Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recover deleted partition
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Recover deleted partition Post 302550015 by psshah on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 11:36:45 AM
Old 08-24-2011
By any chance if you have older partition structure, please recreate partitions with same block size. There is good amount of chance that you will get your data back.
Please make sure you are not running newfs/format on newly created partitions.

I have tested this approach on metaset/ODS volumes on solaris. In that case, I was able to recreate partition using o/p of metastat -p. Not tested on NTFS.

Other approach is to go with some recovery softwares to recover data in NTFS file system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command???

Hi All, I just mistakingly deleted some files using rm command.Is there a way to get it back?i work on Solaris 10 Thanks, Kumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover deleted file in unix

hi after using rm command how to recover the deleted file (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
7 Replies

5. Solaris

How to recover deleted logical volume.

My Solaris system administrator has doing troubleshooting to my server. He has accidental remove the hardware raid. Is it possible to recover it back? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Recover Deleted Files

Hi, By mistake, executed the following command : rm -rf * and ALL files got deleted. But I need to get back these files as they are very very important. Please help me how to recover this file. Its Urgent for me please. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

7. Solaris

how to recover from deleted etc in solaris 9

Recently our Server Room got burnt and we lost everything including a sunfire V880 server. I had a backup and restored it on our 2nd server. I mistakenly restored the etc folder from the burnt server too. After rebooting the 2nd server I can't get the root directory and other volumes mounting. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover deleted file?

Hi All By mistake i have deleted some file in a directory, is there any way to get it back in Unix( i am using sh ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recover the deleted file in Linux?

hi, i deleted one file from linux please let me know, if we can recover it ? if yes, pls let me know the steps to do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies
ADDPART(8)                                                     System Administration                                                    ADDPART(8)

NAME
addpart - tell the kernel about the existence of a partition SYNOPSIS
addpart device partition start length DESCRIPTION
addpart tells the Linux kernel about the existence of the specified partition. The command is a simple wrapper around the "add partition" ioctl. This command doesn't manipulate partitions on a block device. PARAMETERS
device The disk device. partition The partition number. start The beginning of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). length The length of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). SEE ALSO
delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The addpart command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2015 ADDPART(8)