Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web development language choice? Post 302549973 by Neo on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 10:22:12 AM
Old 08-24-2011
... and saying anything in these forums "is a pig" is a breach of the forum culture.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Thread Closed

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Development of the C Language

LINK The Development of the C Language http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html By: Dennis M. Ritchie Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA Paper History of C Language Development. B to C to BCPL (Ansi Standard). Check it out. This paper studies its evolution &... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best development language to monitor the unix server

Hi, I am supposed to create the website to perform some monitoring and management activities on unix server. Activities includes cpu usage,displays currently runing processes,deleting files on the server and so on. Please tell which is best web based language(.net or java) to develop... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
6 Replies

3. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

4. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Fundamental question on web development

I am just getting into web development and I want to understand it better and more theoretically. :D So by now I can create some basic websites with html, css, php, etc, but what I do not understand is how is this then projected into the world wide web or what we call the internet??? Of course... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Top 8 Web Development Trends 2019

Top 8 Web Development Trends 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLm3Y7Odb74 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
XORGFOUNDATION(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual					 XORGFOUNDATION(7)

NAME
XOrgFoundation - X.Org Foundation information SYNOPSIS
Release 6.7 and later of X Version 11 is brought to you by the X.Org Foundation. DESCRIPTION
The X.Org Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) charity corporation. It was formed in 2004 as the successor to the X.Org Group at The Open Group. The purpose of the X.Org Foundation is to foster the development, evolution, and maintenance of the X Window Sys- tem, a comprehensive set of vendor-neutral, system-architecture neutral, network-transparent windowing and user interface standards. Mem- bership in the X.Org Foundation is free and open to anyone. The X.Org Foundation hosts a public git repository of the source code on freedesktop.org. The X Window System was created in the mid-1980s at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1988, MIT formed a member-funded consor- tium to provide the technical and administrative leadership necessary to support further development of the X Window System. In 1992, MIT and the membership decided it was in their best interests to move the consortium out of MIT and create an independent, stand-alone organi- zation. All rights to the X Window System were assigned by MIT to X Consortium, Inc. on January 1, 1994. On December 31, 1996 the X Con- sortium, Inc. closed its doors and all rights to the X Window System were assigned to The Open Group (then known as the Open Software Foun- dation). ADDRESSES
The X.Org Foundation's web site is http://www.x.org/ The X.Org Foundation's public ftp site is ftp://ftp.x.org/ Information about the X.Org Foundation git repository is on the X.Org web site at http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git X Version 11 xorg-docs 1.6 XORGFOUNDATION(7)