Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script with "mount -t cifs" hangs Post 302549938 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 09:17:47 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Try putting $usn and $usp in "quotes", if they have spaces the shell might be splitting them otherwise.

When in doubt, echo the line to make sure it's ending up as what you think it is.

Any relevant messages in dmesg?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why generate "ash and bash" different output for same bash script?

Hi, For my bash script, terminal with bash is generate an OK output and program works right. already, terminal with ash have "line 48: syntax error: Bad substitution" output and program don't work. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s. murat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias, function or script (bash) to "revert" cd command?

In all of my brief and superficial experience with Unix or Linux, the one curious and consistent thing has been that 'cd ./' (back up one directory level) has done absolutely nothing in any of them. Now I understand that, at least for bash, 'cd ./' appears to have been substituted by 'cd ..' Am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: getting a script to "do" what's after "done"

The script: #!/bin/bash SAVEIFS=$IFS IFS=$(echo -en "\n\b") w=$(ls *.jpg | wc -l) x=1 z=0 for file in $(ls *.jpg); do echo "Evaluating #$x of $w, $file..." sleep 0.2s MANY=$(exiv2 -g Exif.Image.Software $file) if ] then exiv2 -M"del Exif.Image.Software" modify $file echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Help with bash script" - "License Server and Patch Updates"

Hi All, I'm completely new to bash scripting and still learning my way through albeit vey slowly. I need to know where to insert my server names', my ip address numbers through out the script alas to no avail. I'm also searching on how to save .sh (bash shell) script properly.... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: profileuser
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: "mkdir -p" doesn't work with var(cat x)

Hello, :) I've an issue with the creation of a directory, All work without it :mad: So, below, my scripts with the debug output : #!/bin/bash # PATHS HOME_BACKUP="/home/backup" HOME_SCRIPT="/home/scripts/test/backup_server" TARGET="/var/www" # DATE DATE_Ymd=$(date +%Y-%m-%d) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaining behaviour of sudo bash "$0" "$@";

I've found this script part on the stackoverflow: if ; then sudo bash "$0" "$@"; exit "$?"; fi I realized that sudo bash "$0" "$@"; is the only needed for me. But the strange thing happens when I move this line outside the IF statement: sudo bash "$0" "$@"; stops the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: boqsc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SMBMNT(8)																 SMBMNT(8)

NAME
smbmnt - helper utility for mounting SMB filesystems SYNOPSIS
smbmnt mount-point [ -s <share> ] [ -r ] [ -u <uid> ] [ -g <gid> ] [ -f <mask> ] [ -d <mask> ] [ -o <options> ] DESCRIPTION
smbmnt is a helper application used by the smbmount program to do the actual mounting of SMB shares. smbmnt can be installed setuid root if you want normal users to be able to mount their SMB shares. A setuid smbmnt will only allow mounts on directories owned by the user, and that the user has write permission on. The smbmnt program is normally invoked by smbmount(8) It should not be invoked directly by users. smbmount searches the normal PATH for smbmnt. You must ensure that the smbmnt version in your path matches the smbmount used. OPTIONS
-r mount the filesystem read-only -u uid specify the uid that the files will be owned by -g gid specify the gid that the files will be owned by -f mask specify the octal file mask applied -d mask specify the octal directory mask applied -o options list of options that are passed as-is to smbfs, if this command is run on a 2.4 or higher Linux kernel. AUTHOR
Volker Lendecke, Andrew Tridgell, Michael H. Warfield and others. The current maintainer of smbfs and the userspace tools smbmount, smbumount, and smbmnt is Urban Widmark <URL:mailto:urban@teststa- tion.com>. The SAMBA Mailing list <URL:mailto:samba@samba.org> is the preferred place to ask questions regarding these programs. The conversion of this manpage for Samba 2.2 was performed by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 SMBMNT(8)