Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String variable to numeric conversion in perl Post 302549928 by Pratik4891 on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 09:37:45 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Hi hfreyer ,

i want to compare the value stored in rcrd_cnt with wc -l of flat file.
at the time of comparing its not giving the exact result throwing string is used warning

---------- Post updated at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:02 AM ----------

To be more specific please find my code and the o/p from unix

Code:

my $sqlplus_settings = ''; 
my $result = qx { sqlplus $connect_string <<EOF 
select (rcrd_cnt) from rptg.r_sb_stg_data_fl_acq_cyc_cntl where data_acq_cyc_cntl_id = (select max(data_acq_cyc_cntl_id) from rptg.r_sb_stg_data_fl_acq_cyc_cntl where srce_id=1 and srce_fl_id = 109 ); 
exit; 
EOF };
print "$result \n";
if ( $result == 9)
{
print "\nValues are same\n";
}
else 
{
print "\n values are different \n";
}

Output

Code:

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Aug 24 08:35:58 2011
Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
SQL>
    RCRD_CNT
------------
SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
Argument "\nSQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Aug 2..." isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at ./perl4.pl line 12.

values are different

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query string assingment for other variable in PERL

Hi friends, I want to use query string value to another variable but it gives following error when I use it with print out command, Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/cdr_findere.pl line 119. My code as follows, my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scalar variable in backquoted string

hi I've been searching all over the internet to simply do the following: $tempfile = "/usr/school/tempfile.dat"; $myvar = param('add'); ###add is the variable assigned to a popup menu `ls -l $myvar * >> $tempfile` ###I also tried `ls -l ${myvar}* >>$tempfile` open(ADDLIST,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi9
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check variable if its non numeric

if test $b -ne then echo "\n\n\n\tPassword reset has been done successfully" else echo "\n\n\n\tAn error occurred" fi i want to check whether $b is non-numeric so how to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

:-) 1213: Character to numeric conversion error. Plz help

Dear friends, I am new to Unix/Linux. I am trying to run following query but getting an error msg... Please can u people help me in this? Query: echo "select status_ac from db_acct where acct_num=AAA000337" | dbaccess elstest Error: 217: Column (amd000337) not found in any table in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of Exponential to numeric in awk- not correct output

Hi All, I have 1 million records file. Using awk, I am counting the number of records. But as the number is huge, after crossing a number, awk is displaying it in exponential format. At the end, I need to verify this count given by awk with expected count. But as it is in exponential format,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssunda6
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable length numeric string

I have a customer who logged some cc and bank account numbers in their apache logs. I got the cc numbers x'd out with sed -e 's/args=\{16\}/args=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g' -e 's/cardnum=\{16\}/cardnum=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g'but that wasn't too difficult due to the value being 16 digits. The bank account... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk4mzid
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for month conversion in numeric format

Hi Experts, How to convert months into numeric format with the help of some script: Suppose I want: " Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec " to be converted as : " 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 " Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : pattern matching a string stored in a variable

I have two variables, my $filename = "abc_yyyy_mm_dd.txt"; my $filename1 = " abc_2011_11_07.txt"; I need to perform some operations after checking if $filename has $filename1 in it i have used the below code, if($filename =~ /^$filename1/) { ---- -- } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ Get text and numeric value from a string

I have a string opt="row234" I want to put "row" in a string and 234 in an int. In general it should be opt="textnum" I want to store text in a string and num in an int. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)