Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String variable to numeric conversion in perl Post 302549899 by yazu on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 07:14:12 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Well. Everything is right. You are using the string "\nSQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Production on Wed Aug 2..." in numeric comparison and get this message (with use warnings). And it's not an error, it's a warning.

Why you get it is another question. Debug and tune your request.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query string assingment for other variable in PERL

Hi friends, I want to use query string value to another variable but it gives following error when I use it with print out command, Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/cdr_findere.pl line 119. My code as follows, my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scalar variable in backquoted string

hi I've been searching all over the internet to simply do the following: $tempfile = "/usr/school/tempfile.dat"; $myvar = param('add'); ###add is the variable assigned to a popup menu `ls -l $myvar * >> $tempfile` ###I also tried `ls -l ${myvar}* >>$tempfile` open(ADDLIST,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi9
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check variable if its non numeric

if test $b -ne then echo "\n\n\n\tPassword reset has been done successfully" else echo "\n\n\n\tAn error occurred" fi i want to check whether $b is non-numeric so how to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

:-) 1213: Character to numeric conversion error. Plz help

Dear friends, I am new to Unix/Linux. I am trying to run following query but getting an error msg... Please can u people help me in this? Query: echo "select status_ac from db_acct where acct_num=AAA000337" | dbaccess elstest Error: 217: Column (amd000337) not found in any table in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of Exponential to numeric in awk- not correct output

Hi All, I have 1 million records file. Using awk, I am counting the number of records. But as the number is huge, after crossing a number, awk is displaying it in exponential format. At the end, I need to verify this count given by awk with expected count. But as it is in exponential format,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssunda6
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable length numeric string

I have a customer who logged some cc and bank account numbers in their apache logs. I got the cc numbers x'd out with sed -e 's/args=\{16\}/args=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g' -e 's/cardnum=\{16\}/cardnum=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g'but that wasn't too difficult due to the value being 16 digits. The bank account... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk4mzid
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for month conversion in numeric format

Hi Experts, How to convert months into numeric format with the help of some script: Suppose I want: " Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec " to be converted as : " 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 " Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : pattern matching a string stored in a variable

I have two variables, my $filename = "abc_yyyy_mm_dd.txt"; my $filename1 = " abc_2011_11_07.txt"; I need to perform some operations after checking if $filename has $filename1 in it i have used the below code, if($filename =~ /^$filename1/) { ---- -- } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

10. Programming

C++ Get text and numeric value from a string

I have a string opt="row234" I want to put "row" in a string and 234 in an int. In general it should be opt="textnum" I want to store text in a string and num in an int. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
Number::Compare(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Number::Compare(3)

NAME
Number::Compare - numeric comparisons SYNOPSIS
Number::Compare->new(">1Ki")->test(1025); # is 1025 > 1024 my $c = Number::Compare->new(">1M"); $c->(1_200_000); # slightly terser invocation DESCRIPTION
Number::Compare compiles a simple comparison to an anonymous subroutine, which you can call with a value to be tested again. Now this would be very pointless, if Number::Compare didn't understand magnitudes. The target value may use magnitudes of kilobytes ("k", "ki"), megabytes ("m", "mi"), or gigabytes ("g", "gi"). Those suffixed with an "i" use the appropriate 2**n version in accordance with the IEC standard: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html METHODS
->new( $test ) Returns a new object that compares the specified test. ->test( $value ) A longhanded version of $compare->( $value ). Predates blessed subroutine reference implementation. ->parse_to_perl( $test ) Returns a perl code fragment equivalent to the test. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002,2011 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html perl v5.18.2 2011-09-21 Number::Compare(3)