Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending local mail in AIX ?
Operating Systems AIX Sending local mail in AIX ? Post 302549895 by zaxxon on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 07:09:21 AM
Old 08-24-2011
If you did not change anything with the sendmail configuration, it should work out of the box when you just start it with
Code:
startsrc -s sendmail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail

i want to send an email from the unix machine to the windows machine. now windows dont have any specified folder for the mail. mail has to be sent to the email-id like abc@xyz.com unix machine itself can not directly send mail. it has to be transferred via mail server. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
11 Replies

3. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail

How can i send a mail when user login in unix ENV. How can i know present use mailID?? Moved out of Contact Us Forum - Please Do Not Post Technical Questions in Non-Technical Forum(s) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh sending local variable to remote system

I am running a useradd script, which works locally but I want to take some of that local information and send it to a remote system, ssh keys are set up between the two systems. I am attaching the script, look at the section titled "Sending information to FTP2" Removed attachment, added... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Sending a mail with different attachment in AIX

How to Send a mail with multiple attachment also differenet extension using uuencode in AIX. Can you please help me. Its so urgent. Thanks. Regards, Swapnil ---------- Post updated at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:35 AM ---------- I have below code. But attachment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a mail with different attachment in AIX

How to Send a mail with multiple attachment also differenet extension using uuencode in AIX. Can you please help me. --------------------------------------------------------- I have below code. But attachment not been attached. (cat /aceapp/QATD011R4/ace.ofac/testofac/results/;uuencode... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
9 Replies
System Administration Commands				 etrn(8)

NAME
etrn - start mail queue run SYNOPSIS
etrn [-v] server-host [client-hosts] DESCRIPTION
SMTP's ETRN command allows an SMTP client and server to interact, giving the server an opportunity to start the pro cessing of its queues for messages to go to a given host. This is meant to be used in start-up conditions, as well as for mail nodes that have transient connections to their ser vice providers. The etrn utility initiates an SMTP session with the host server-host and sends one or more ETRN commands as follows: If no client-hosts are specified, etrn looks up every host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email and, for each name, sends an ETRN command with that name as the argument. If any client-hosts are specified, etrn uses each of these as arguments for successive ETRN commands. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -v The normal mode of operation for etrn is to do all of its work silently. The -v option makes it verbose, which causes etrn to display its conversations with the remote SMTP server. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables are used. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), RFC 1985. CAVEATS
Not all SMTP servers support ETRN. CREDITS
Leveraged from David Muir Sharnoff's expn.pl script. Chris tian von Roques added support for args and fixed a couple of bugs. AVAILABILITY
The latest version of etrn is available in the contrib directory of the sendmail distribution through anonymous ftp at ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/ucb/src/sendmail/. AUTHOR
John T. Beck <john@beck.org>