Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kernel compile error
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Kernel compile error Post 302549871 by coldsystem on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 06:32:05 AM
Old 08-24-2011
why not use precomplied ubuntu kernels from kernel.ubuntu.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compile a new kernel in RHEL 5

Hi all, I need some help in compiling a new kernel. I am using RHEL 5 with kernel version 2.6.18. I have downloaded a kernel from link http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.20.6.tar.bz2 1. cd /usr/src 2. wget -c http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.20.tar.bz2 3.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to compile linux kernel on redhat

Hello, Please let me know how to compile a linux kernel on redhat. I am relatively new in this area so please be a little patient with me. Here is the file I was consulting with the following details: Compiling the Linux Kernel on Redhat 7.1 This page describes how to install... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhattbonny
2 Replies

3. Linux

Compile new kernel in Fedora 5

Hi All, I try to compile new kernel in FC5. New kernel version - 2.6.20.21 Operating System - Fedora 5 I have followed these steps, make menuconfig make make modules make modules_install make install Then i have changed the grub.cong and reboot the system with new kernel. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksnv
0 Replies

4. Debian

compile kernel with OFED

Hello Friends, I know how to compile the kernel . But I don't know how to compile the kernel with OFED. Can any one assist me on that. Or can anyone send me the link. Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

5. Linux

kernel compile

Dear experts, How can compile the kernel as application mode? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

6. Slackware

Compile Leanest Slackware Kernel

My goal is to make the leanest Slackware kernel possible for my machine specifically. I'm not exactly a newbie to unix, but I'm not an expert. I tried this tutorial Chapter*18.*Building a kernel , but I would like something in more depth to really make a lean slack machine. Where should I go? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkstarxor
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile most recent kernel on older distro ?

Debian lenny uses the 2.6.26 kernel by default. Can I compile the most recent kernel from kernel.org and use it instead ? Will the new kernel be incompatible with other installed softwares ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyler
1 Replies

8. Linux

Howto compile my own module into the kernel

Hi there, I'm currently writing a program/module which makes use of the Linux Security Modules (LSM), which provide hooks for some security . The bad thing about it is: The function to set the hook to the LSM is not exported. That means, I can't just write a loadable kernel module, but have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i get UNIX kernel and compile it like Linux ?

I am not a newbie to Linux, i have been using Linux as my desktop for 4 years, but i am just an end user to Linux, no advanced knowledge to it. I knew that, i can download generic linux kernel and compile it by myself, but how about Unix? how can i get an Unix kernel and compile it ? or no this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wong.sie.ung
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Is there any way to compile smbfs module in kernel 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I did a 'make menuconfig' and it shows cifs. I found out online that smbfs is deprecated and replaced by cifs. I have an old system with kernel version 2.4 which only has smbfs (no cifs). Is it possible to compile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Monil
1 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)