Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Clean console output routed to a file Post 302549860 by psshah on Wednesday 24th of August 2011 06:09:31 AM
Old 08-24-2011
Thanks for correcting me.
But I will check by myself, and let you know. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable routed daemon at boot time????

I'm new to UNIX.... I'm running SCO UNIX and would like to disable routed daemon from being start at boot time. How should I do this????? Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell: Clean Display of stored procedure's output

Environment: Sun UNIX Language: Bourne Shell I have the following script and it works fine. Unfortunately, from user's perspective, it looks very messy because the user is able to see the output of the process caused by the print command. Is there a better way to overcome it? Here's the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: totziens
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

routing kill output from console to file

Hi , I am using the following command kill -3 pid ----which will return the thread dump. I want redirect this to file. I tried like the following two ways. kill -3 9843 >> srini.log kill -3 9852 >> srini 2>&1 But those two cases are failed :mad: pls let me knwo is there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivsa
2 Replies

4. AIX

All output at console and in a file at same time ?

I have several backup scripts I am improving which involves mksysb, savevg and tar. Is there a way to have the output of any command sent to the standard output as usual (terminal) and at the same time, send a copy of it all into a file ? Normal outputs and error outputs. Even if I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Outbound file will be routed to new server

Hi, ---------- Post updated at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:09 AM ---------- This is the scripts.. Date=`date +"%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S "` echo "Run on $Date" echo "Run on $Date" >&2 # Setting Variables PassDir=$PS_HOME/autosys/pass # Location of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Shell/Perl(?)] Prepending timestamps to console output & writing results to a file

I do a lot of TSM work and I embarked on what I thought would be an easy task, and I'd be very happy for any input to save the pounding my keyboard is receiving :] By default, the output of TSM's console has no timestamping, making it hard to sort through accurately. This puts my console into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect an output from a script to a file and display it at a console simultaneously

Hi, I'd like to redirect the STDOUT output from my script to a file and simultaneously display it at a console. I've tried this command: myscript.sh | tail -f However, it doesn't end after the script finishes running I've also tried this: myscript.sh | tee ~/results.txt But it writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
MAIN.C(1)						      Debian GNU/Linux manual							 MAIN.C(1)

NAME
pbc_merge - Merge multiple Parrot bytecode (PBC) files into a single PBC file. SYNOPSIS
pbc_merge -o out.pbc input1.pbc input2.pbc ... DESCRIPTION
This program takes two or more PBC files and produces a single merged output PBC file with a single fix-up table and constants table. Command-Line Options "-o out.pbc" The name of the PBC file to produce, containing the merged segments from the input PBC files. Functions "static void help(void)" Print out the user help info. "static PackFile_ByteCode* pbc_merge_bytecode(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile *pf)" This function merges the bytecode from the input packfiles, storing the offsets that each bit of bytecode now exists at. "static PackFile_ConstTable* pbc_merge_constants(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile *pf)" This function merges the constants tables from the input PBC files. "static void pbc_merge_debugs(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile_ByteCode *bc)" This function merges the debug segments from the input PBC files. "static void pbc_fixup_bytecode(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs, PackFile_ByteCode *bc)" Fixup bytecode. This includes correcting pointers into the constant table and updating the ops mapping. "static void pbc_fixup_constants(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs)" Fixup constants. This includes correcting pointers into bytecode. "static PackFile* pbc_merge_begin(PARROT_INTERP, pbc_merge_input **inputs, int num_inputs)" This is the function that drives PBC merging process. "static void pbc_merge_write(PARROT_INTERP, PackFile *pf, const char *filename)" This functions writes out the merged packfile. "int main(int argc, const char **argv)" The main function that grabs console input, reads in the packfiles provided they exist, hands them to another function that runs the merge process and finally writes out the produced packfile. Debian Project 2012-01-08 MAIN.C(1)