Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep on console output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep on console output Post 302549704 by g.pi on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 06:24:05 PM
Old 08-23-2011
Puneet, I seem to have more questions than answers, for you. Is rsh or rlogin an option?

Please note that ssh is a preferred way to do these things, as it is more secure. Perhaps, you can suggest it to the SA. Smilie

- GP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console output messages

could someone please tell me how to stop error messages being displayed to the console port. Currently, error messages are streaming to the console and I ant do anything. many thanks..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boristhespider
2 Replies

2. Programming

Reading console output

I am writing a program that uses system() to pass commands to the command interpreter. Is there a way to read the output that the commands produce? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blaster999
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eleminating output to console

I am running Shorewall firewall config program to utilize iptables on a Debian 3.3.5 system. This system is setup for a getway/router. I am getting a message: Shorewall:bogons:Drop:IN=eth0 OUT= MAC+ mac address of eth0 SRC:someinternetIP DST=MYIPADD LEN=61 TOS+0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=114 ID=6673... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pflink
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output console problem

kill -s KILL 0 ----------------------- ----------------------- i have used this command in a script...it is showing "killed" in output console. i don't want that.plz help what to do.i have tried --kill -s KILL 0 >/dev/null it is still showing "killed" in the output console...what to do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing the appearance of an Output in console

I want to change the appearance of a message I got in UNIX console. Eg: In console: "no server running" I need it as "****no server running*****". Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomaa80
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

8. Solaris

No Console Output

Hey everyone I have a sparc enterprise T2000 I'm trying to install solaris 10 on. The only way I can connect to it is the SER MGT console, but I'm not getting anything to display (in Hyper terminal, or PUTTY) when I boot it. Upon googleing, all I get back is "No output may have been generated.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Writing output to the console

Hi All, I have written one script in which am writting the result to the log file. I want to display the results on the console also if ; then echo "$result doesnot match with the host file">>InputHostsFileErrors.txt else echo "$result input matches with the host... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to console and to log

I have a menu based script where user will select different action via displayed menu. I want to log all the action or say whatever displayed on screen to a log file and want to achieve with in the same script. i tried named pipe as below.. logfile=mylogfile mkfifo ${logfile}.pipe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
3 Replies
RSH(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RSH(1)

NAME
rsh -- remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh [-46dn] [-l username] [-t timeout] host [command] DESCRIPTION
The rsh utility executes command on host. The rsh utility copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The options are as follows: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -d Turn on socket debugging (using setsockopt(2)) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. -l username Allow the remote username to be specified. By default, the remote username is the same as the local username. Authorization is deter- mined as in rlogin(1). -n Redirect input from the special device /dev/null (see the BUGS section of this manual page). -t timeout Allow a timeout to be specified (in seconds). If no data is sent or received in this time, rsh will exit. If no command is specified, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. For example, the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the local file localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" other_remotefile appends remotefile to other_remotefile. FILES
/etc/hosts SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), setsockopt(2), rcmd(3), ruserok(3), hosts(5), hosts.equiv(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) HISTORY
The rsh command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like ee(1) or vi(1)) using rsh; use rlogin(1) instead. Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. BSD
October 16, 2002 BSD