Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing a word in a multiple file starting at the dot extension Post 302549695 by Shell_Life on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 05:31:23 PM
Old 08-23-2011
Code:
sed 's/.\{12\}\(\..*\)/\1/' Inp_File

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

removing particular lines ending with a .cnt extension in a text file

I have a text file with rows of information (it is basically a ls command information(o/p from ls command)) I need to remove the lines ending with a .cnt extension and keep the lines ending with .zip extension, how to accomplish this. I also only need the date,size and name of the file from every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing prefix from multiple files and renaming file extension

Hello i have the files in this format pdb1i0t.ent pdb1lv7.ent pdb1pp6.ent pdb1tj2.ent pdb1xg2.ent pdb2b4b.ent pdb2ewe.ent Now i have to remove the prefix pdb from all the files and also i need to change the extension of .ent to .txt The new file should look like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing DOT by using perl

Hi Friends, I have a variable which has a number (e.g. 12.1234). I want to remove "." (dot) from that number i.e. 121234 I want to do this using perl. Can you please guide me Thank you Anushree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a word starting at particular position in a file using shell scripting

Hi all, I'm new to shell scripting and hence this query. I have 2 files. temp.txt and config.txt. The values in temp.txt are tab separated. ex: temp.txt AB CDE GHIJ OPQRS WXY ex:config.txt (1st line for 1st element of temp.txt and so on) start = '1' end='5' start = '6' end =... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhrap.das
26 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Removing a dot from a file name?

I need a script that will allow me to rename all of my files in subdir /FilesIn as follows: From kumc_835_111200.RMT.dat to kumc_835_111200RMT.dat kumc_835_111200.KMR.dat to kumc_835_111200KMR.dat .................etc How do I do that whithout doing a sed ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command with wild card can't return filenames starting with dot

I came across the following behaviour in Solaris 10 (x86-64bit) and RHEL 5.6 (Tikanga) -a option in ls command is supposed to list all files starting with a dot. From the man page of ls -a, --all do not ignore entries starting with . $ touch .mytestfile $ vi .mytestfile $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename except dot file extension

After reading the manual of the command rename I would like to apply it to a folder with a couple of files containing old style dots before the file-type, e.g. up.to.the.roof.avi. So I'd like to rename them without the dots in between. Therefore I tried it the following way rename -f -n ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)