Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dbus error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users dbus error Post 302549624 by ab52 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 12:29:33 PM
Old 08-23-2011
to be honest my knowledge is very limited, i am not 100% what it is doing

How could i use dbus-monitor with the application to see what it is doing?>>

thanks

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket problem

Hello, i have a problem. i have a domain name hosted on a server and it goes very slow and sometimes down. I looked on the processes running and on the netstat status and i discovered that each time there is a slowness or a downtime is caused by: /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket many of these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan8354544
9 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a new GType using dbus-Glib?

Hi, I'm trying to use the DBUS connection to communicate with the Marxbot medulla. But when I want to use the interface to send a "SetSpeed" event using the method "SendEventName", I need to create a new GTYPE "DBUS_TYPE_G_INIT16_ARRAY" which is an array of int16. I found this function ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiem
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A Dbus signal can be lost?

Hello to everyone! I have a little and simple question. I'm developing a simple application that receives dbus signals . The application works great, but a question is around my head and that is : A dbus signal can be lost ? I read some dbus documentation but didn't clear me this doubt. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevsky
2 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)