Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Query to join two tables in SQL Post 302549505 by vivek.goel.piet on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 07:40:58 AM
Old 08-23-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayan_jay
try this .. Its not tested bcoz i dont have sql in my machine..
Code:
select tbl1.name,tbl1.map_code,tbl1.data_code,tbl2.id,tbl2.text_description from table1 tbl1, table2 tbl2 where tbl1.map_code=tbl2.map_code and tbl1.data_code=tbl2.data_code;

This code will not work as there are null values in the column of join..However it may work for this particular problem as it is having only one Null value.But in case there are multiple null values in the table,This query will fail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

2. Programming

SQL Add to Multiple Tables

I'm pretty new to the database world and I've run into a mental block of sorts. I've been unable to find the answer anywhere. Here's my problem: I have several tables and everything is as normalized as possible (as I've been lead to understand normalization.) Normalization has lead to some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flakblas
1 Replies

3. Programming

sql,multiple join,outer join issue

example sql: select a.a1,b.b1,c.c1,d.d1,e.e1 from a left outer join b on a.x=b.x left outer join c on b.y=c.y left outer join d on d.z=a.z inner join a.t=e.t I know how single outer or inner join works in sql. But I don't really understand when there are multiple of them. can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Programming

MySQL join four tables!

Hello; I want merge four MySQL tables to get the intersection that have a common field for all of them. Join two tables is fine to me, but my this case is different from common situations and there are not very many discussions about it. Can anybody give me some idea? Thanks a lot! Here is part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

6. Programming

Dynamically checking rules in database tables using SQL

I want to check for rows in a table where all values (except the key) is empty. I am using MySQL 5.5. I plan to do this mechanically, so the approach should work for any table in my database schema. Suppose for illustration purposes I start with the following table: CREATE TABLE `sources` ( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call and execute query from tables

Hi.. We have a table DB_QUERIES, in which sql queries are stored. SQL> desc DB_QUERIES Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------------------- QUERY_ID NOT NULL NUMBER(10) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script automation using cron which query's MySQL Tables

What I have: I have a input.sh (script which basically connect to mysql-db and query's multiple tables to write back the output to output1.out file in a directory) note: I need to pass an integer (unique_id = anything b/w 1- 1000) next to the script everytime I run the script which generates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkpand
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify tables from Oracle sql scripts

Hi, Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to read a table that has all the oracle sql files or shell scripts at the job and step level to identify all the tables that does merge, update, delete, insert, create, truncate, alter table (ALTER TABLE XYZ RENAME TO ABC) and call them out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)