Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Migrate physical host to zone Post 302549499 by beta17 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 07:24:01 AM
Old 08-23-2011
hi psshah

- all server running with Solaris 10, but i have to check which version :-)
- i have to migrate some v120, v240 and v490 (sun4u) to a M4000
- there are no special software/application running on those old servers, should work. As i know there are no db running on them
- i used flarcreate in the past for jumpstarting, i know how tu use it! is there anything special in combination with zones, or can i create a simple flash archive from the existing server?

does this task work only with branded zones or also with native zones?

thx in advance
beta17

Last edited by beta17; 08-23-2011 at 09:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

is it possible to add physical hardware to a zone

Dear All, is it possible to add physical hardware to a zone like, cdrom, processor book, scsi controller ?, r else any disk.... any thing that will b a physical hardware!! is it possible.... if possible please tel me the steps while Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
7 Replies

2. Solaris

List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello, I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanpitts
5 Replies

3. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vendor of physical host with Solaris OS

I have a machine with Solaris OS 10 installed. What command/file can give me the vendor of physical machine. I have a machine with AIX OS installed. What command/file can give me the vendor of physical machine. I have a machine with Linux OS installed. What command/file can give... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epriya2003
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Vendor of physical host with HP-UX OS

What makes you think the machine was not built by HP? As far as I know HP_UX only runs on HP platforms. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpmurphy
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host file to DNS zone creation

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Host file to dns zone creation solution?

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? Is there another solution or way to do things that I may... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)