Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ioscan -En how to exclude tapes? Post 302549453 by pabloli150 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 05:40:50 AM
Old 08-23-2011
ioscan -En how to exclude tapes?

i would like to list all disks, but this command with these options list tapes too.

i donīt find out an option which list only the class like ioscan in hp-ux.

could anybody help me?

thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ioscan

Hi, I am looking for a similar 'ioscan' command in solaris 2.7. Is there any ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

ioscan

Hi, what is the difference in these two commands/ #ioscan -funC disk #ioscan -knfC disk To me both the commands produce the same information. regards jennifer:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jennifer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tapes

is there a command to check unoccupied space on a tape ? AIX 3.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tapes

:confused: Hello!! I am a new UNIX user, and I need to back up some files, I have some old ones and I have been trying to delete the old information with 'mt erase' but I don't be sure if it works, and 'mt resert' but the it gave a message suggesting me to use 'scsiha -r' (but the last one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scs
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

IOSCAN Command

I need to know what is the differance between ioscan comand and search command ,in addition I search in your site for more details on ioscan command but I found nothing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaswara
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Question about UNIX ioscan command

Hello there. I have a question regarding the ioscan commnad. When you execute the line ioscan -fnC processor it outputs a list of all processors in the machine. Does this list displays only physical CPUs or does it displays each core? For example, if i have a server with 1 Dual Core... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spilson
10 Replies

7. HP-UX

ioscan on HP-UX 9.1

I am trying to work out the logical device name on a HP 9000 system running HP-UX 9.1. I see that ioscan-fnC disk looks like the command on later versions of HP-UX unfortunately it seems the n option is not available on 9.1. The output from ioscan -fC disk is:- Class H/W Path Driver H/W... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris equivalent of the ioscan command

What is the Solaris equivalent of the HP-UX "ioscan -funC" command which lists all hardware on the system? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

ioscan command

Hi all ! I'm a newbie in HP-Unix . In HP-Unix ,'ioscan' command is used to scan I/O system but I don't know what the 'ioscan' command is in Linux/Unix ? I cannot find it in Linux/Unix OS . Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemoflich
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies
ioconfig(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       ioconfig(4)

NAME
ioconfig - ioconfig entry format SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is used to retain information on a system's I/O configuration across reboots. It contains two types of information: o Mappings of dynamically allocated major numbers to drivers. o Mappings of instance numbers to hardware paths. At boot time this file is read and the information is stored in the kernel data structure. The file is created by at install time and is modified by and when devices are added or removed (see insf(1M), rmsf(1M), and ioscan(1M)). The only purpose of the file to maintain con- figuration information when the system is not running. While the system is running, all accesses are made directly to the kernel struc- ture, although any tools that change the kernel structures must also keep consistent. There will be two copies of maintained: and A second copy is placed in because NFS diskless clients are not guaranteed to have a reliable directory at boot time. The file begins with the magic number. Following the magic number is an array of structures, which logically form a tree structure defining the connectivity of the various levels of software modules and managers, the device class and hardware address of each element, and the logical unit associated with each leaf node. The root of the tree is array element 0. Each contains the following fields as defined in The definitions of each element are as follows: Each record must have a character string as its first entry which is used to identify the record type. The default record is the If the string begins with an underscore character then it is one of the variants. This is the default record entry for the ioconfig file. The must begin with an underscore character to distinguish record from other record type. The element is a structure that contains following elements. This record stores information about major numbers dynamically assigned to drivers. It is used to allow major number assignments to persist across boots. The must begin with (underscore) character to distinguish record from other record type. The contains following elements. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
SEE ALSO insf(1M), ioinit(1M), ioscan(1M), rmsf(1M), magic(4). ioconfig(4)