Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: complex requirement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting complex requirement Post 302549447 by michaelrozar17 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 05:10:09 AM
Old 08-23-2011
If you simply run the command in the terminal, output will be displayed in the terminal itself. If you want to re-direct the output to a file then try below..
Code:
sed -n 'H;/END TEST/{x;/TEST_DB/s/.*BEGIN TEST\n *NAME \([^\n]*\).*/\1/p}' inputfile > outfile

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requirement

I am trying to script and came up with a conclusion that I need a do while loop in my statement. I am stuck with the do while syntax. I need to use it alongwith the if then else statement. Can I use it is a big question? I actually need to get all the files that are there from within run_dt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aronmelon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT REQUIREMENT

1.Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for a particular day then automatically the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen12
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping requirement

Hi all, I have little working knowledge in unix shell scripting. I have a requirement where i need to pull out some data in between the strings in the file. Input: TEST a a c f d TEST f e g g TEST Output: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script requirement

Please help in creating script for below requirement. I will be running 1 command and will get below entries in a text file say file44.txt ******************************* DFDL1005 06:30 00:05 ABFL2003 10/22 01:10 CFTL1256 10/24 00:10 10/25 09:20 PM ******************************** .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay_3308
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX requirement

Hi Everyone, Can anyone of you help me on how to get files creation time on ftp server/Remote server in unix. Regards, Avinash. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash varma
6 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS requirement for FC and ethernet

Hello, I have some unclear about how VIOS uses its resources. Assume that VIOS lpar has only 1 physical FC, and we use that to connect to the Lun. Then we install VIOS for the lpar on that Lun. So my question is, afterward, we can still use that physical FC for the virtual FC we create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)