Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Migrate physical host to zone Post 302549392 by beta17 on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 01:57:24 AM
Old 08-23-2011
Migrate physical host to zone

Hi guys

I need to migrate some physical sparc server to zones (M4000) and i know that this is possible wit Oracle OpsManager. But is there also another way to do that work?

Has someone experience with migrating a physical system to a zone?

Regards
beta17

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

is it possible to add physical hardware to a zone

Dear All, is it possible to add physical hardware to a zone like, cdrom, processor book, scsi controller ?, r else any disk.... any thing that will b a physical hardware!! is it possible.... if possible please tel me the steps while Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
7 Replies

2. Solaris

List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello, I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanpitts
5 Replies

3. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vendor of physical host with Solaris OS

I have a machine with Solaris OS 10 installed. What command/file can give me the vendor of physical machine. I have a machine with AIX OS installed. What command/file can give me the vendor of physical machine. I have a machine with Linux OS installed. What command/file can give... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epriya2003
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Vendor of physical host with HP-UX OS

What makes you think the machine was not built by HP? As far as I know HP_UX only runs on HP platforms. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpmurphy
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host file to DNS zone creation

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Host file to dns zone creation solution?

We are currently using the famous script H2N to create our DNS zone files from a host file. However, we are moving to IPV6 soon and this script doesnt support IPV6. Is there another script/solution to creating DNS zones via a host file input? Is there another solution or way to do things that I may... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies
nsd-xfer(8)							    nsd 3.2.12							       nsd-xfer(8)

NAME
nsd-xfer - AXFR client to transfer zones from a name server SYNOPSIS
nsd-xfer [-4] [-6] [-a address[@port]] [-p port] [-s serial] [-T tsiginfo] [-v] -z zone -f file servers DESCRIPTION
Nsd-xfer is program to transfer zones from a name server using AXFR. NSD is a complete implementation of an authoritative DNS nameserver. OPTIONS
-4 Only send to IPv4 addresses. -6 Only send to IPv6 addresses. -a address[@port] Specify the source address (and port) to send from. -f file The file to store the zone in. -p port Specify the port to send to. -s serial Specify the serial of the current zone. The zone is only transferred if the master server has a zone with a greater serial number. -T tsiginfo Use TSIG to verify the zone transfer. The tsiginfo file must contain the TSIG key information. The file is removed upon successful reading of the key. The format of the tsiginfo file is described in the doc/README file (section 3.3). -v Be more verbose. -z zone Specify the zone to receive. servers List of nameservers to try. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: # nsd-xfer -z foobar.cz -f foobar.cz.zone 1.2.3.4 SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-checkconf(8), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-xfer(8)