Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting lines that contain a specific string from a space delimited text file? Post 302549380 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 12:21:24 AM
Old 08-23-2011
Code:

awk ' ! /NA/ {print $0}' input > output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting lines from a delimited files based on a 2nd file

I need a little help... I have a file with 3 fields, Time/Date, IP address, UniqueID I have a 2nd file of UniqueIDs. I want to either (which ever is easier): 1. delete entries in file 1 that have a UniqueID in file 2 2. create a new file with the fields from File 1, excluding the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldie363
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting columns from a space delimited text file

I have a space delimited text file with 1,000,000+ columns and 100 rows. I want to delete columns 2 through 5 (2 and 5) included from the text file. How do I do that? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting cells that contain a specific number only from a space delimited text file

I have this space delimited large text file with more than 1,000,000+ columns and about 100 rows. I want to delete all the cells that consist of just 2 (leave 2's that are not by themselves intact): File before modification aa bb cc 2 NA100 dd aa b1 c2 2 NA102 de File after modification... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you view specific columns from a space delimited text file?

I have a space delimited text file with 1,000,000+ columns? I would only like to view specific ones (let's say through 1:10), how can I do that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting columns from a tab delimited text file?

I have a tab limited text file with 10000+ columns. I want to delete columns 6 through 23, how do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Insert values in multiple lines(records) within a pipe delimited text file in specific cols

this is Korn shell unix. The scenario is I have a pipe delimited text file which needs to be customized. say for example,I have a pipe delimited text file with 15 columns(| delimited) and 200 rows. currently the 11th and 12th column has null values for all the records(there are other null columns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding tags to a specific column of a space delimited text file

I have a space delimited text file with two columns. I would like to add NA to the first column of the text file. Input: 19625 10.4791768259 19700 10.8146489183 19701 10.9084026759 19702 10.9861346978 19703 10.9304364984 Output: NA19625 10.4791768259 NA19700 10.8146489183... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue deleting all lines (having a specific string) in a file

I'm trying to create a script. There are 2 files - fileA.log & fileB.log fileA.log has the below data : aaaa cccc eeee fileB.log has the below data : cjahdskjah aaaa xyz jhaskjdhas bbbb abc ajdhjkh cccc abc cjahdskjah ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific lines from text file via scripting

Hi, I'm trying to search for some number and from that line, i need to delete the 5th line exactly. Eg: Consider below as text file data: 10000 a b c d e . . . 10000 w q t (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)