Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to make simple recurring ascii file edit Post 302549298 by Corona688 on Monday 22nd of August 2011 02:02:42 PM
Old 08-22-2011
Looks like character #12 to me, but:

Code:
awk -v FS="" -v OFS="" '{ if(length($1)) $12=$12 " " } 1' < infile > outfile

FS="" tells awk to split each character, whitespace included, into its own record. OFS="" tells awk not to cram spaces between records when printing.

The $12=$12 " " crams on a space after character number 12.

The if-statement makes it not do anything to blank lines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple file edit

What command can I use to simply edit a file by searching for a word and then deleting the lines that I find that word in? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capesong
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED edit

I have output like the following: B D 20070116095820001 N D S0000579.LOG S0000582.LOG B D 20070116095750001 N D S0000574.LOG S0000576.LOG B D 20070116095734001 N D S0000570.LOG S0000573.LOG B D 20070116095705001 N D S0000569.LOG S0000569.LOG B D ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recurring run of sh script in crontab

Hello gurus. I have a problem: my crontab -e is looks like this: ORACLE_SID=bla-bla * 21 * * * (sqlplus hotback/hotback @/oracle/backups/bla-bla/scripts/hotback/daily_hotback.sql) 0 19 * * * /oracle/backups/dev10g/scripts/exports/daily_exports.sh 0 1 * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarGur
4 Replies

4. Programming

c language + simple question regarding memory addresses and ASCII characters

Just a simple question (which may seem silly so bear with me) that arose in my mind the other day. Do ASCII characters by themselves (e.g. /n, 0, a) have an actual memory address ? My question arises, because Im aware that each time I create and initalise a pointer like this for example int... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple make file questions....i think, thnx

Hello, I'm a noob when comes to make files.... My intentions for the use of my make file are not that of a usual compilation, etc. It is simply to copy some files from a RCS controlled area to a public area which has read rights only for a web page. My dilemma comes in the form of sub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roxydogg28
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help edit simple payroll script?

I'm trying to write a simple script to figure pay with overtime...I got the first part to work, but I can't seem to get the second if statement's syntax right...:confused:I want it to take the 40 hours times 10 dollars, but then i want whatever is left over (like 7 of 47 hours) and take that times... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miss72006
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to make the script simple

Hi All, I have a script which throws the output if condition matches. I run the cmd : # ldf Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 1984564 1375019 550009 72% / /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 5040814 2628410 2361996 53% /usr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make my script simple?

Hi .. I am trying to print first row few columns and last row few column... I am doing like this... I want to do using single awk for file in *.xyz; do dt_end=$(awk 'END{print $2 "\t" $3 "\t" $4}' FS="," $file) dt_start=$(awk 'FNR == 1{print $1 " \t"$2 }' FS="," $file ) echo $dt_start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user groups and edit permissions?

OK guys and gals. I've been working on a debian system for a little bit, in hopes of making it into a system we can use for manifests and other things. I am very new to unix, particularly debian. I would like to make 2 or 3 different groups. 1 would be for me, and other people... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samee71
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
csa_list_entry_sequence(library call)									     csa_list_entry_sequence(library call)

NAME
csa_list_entry_sequence -- lists the recurring calendar entries that are associated with a calendar entry SYNOPSIS
#include <xcsa.h> CSA_return_code csa_list_entry_sequence( CSA_session_handle session, CSA_entry_handle entry, CSA_date_time_range time_range, CSA_uint32 *number_entries, CSA_entry_handle **entry_list, CSA_extension *list_entry_sequence_extensions); DESCRIPTION
The csa_list_entry_sequence function returns an array of the entry handles for the recurring entries associated with a specific calendar entry. The entry handles for the recurring calendar entries are returned in entry_list. A NULL is returned if no recurring entries are associated with this calendar entry. ARGUMENTS
Session (Session Handle) Opaque session handle that represents a session with the calendaring service. Session handles are created by a logon function call and invalidated with a logoff function call. If the session handle is invalid, then the error CSA_E_INVALID_SESSION_HANDLE is returned. Entry (Entry Handle) Specifies the handle of the calendar entry to be accessed for a list of associated recurring entries. If the entry handle is invalid, then the error CSA_E_INVALID_ENTRY_HANDLE is returned. Time Range (Date Time Range) The date and time range to be used to filter or restrict the listing of the entry sequence. The date and time range specificies a begin and end date and time. If NULL, then all entries in the sequence will be returned. If the sequence is of an indefinite repitition, then the function will return implementation specific results. List Entry Sequence Extensions (Extension) A pointer to an array of CSA_extension structures for this function. The array may contain both input extensions for providing additional information to the function and output extensions for receiving information from the function. A value of NULL indicates that the caller is not using any extensions. See the extensions structure for more information. RETURN VALUE
Number Entries (Uint32) The number of calendar entry handles actually returned. Entry List (Entry Handle) A pointer to an array of calendar entry handles that represent the recurring entries associated with the specified calendar entry. This array is allocated by the service, and the entire array should be freed with a single call to csa_free(3). List Entry Sequence Extensions (Extension) If output extensions were passed to the function in the extensions list, the results from the service will be available in the extension. See the extensions structure for more information. Whether the function succeeded or not, and, if not, why. It may be success or one of the values listed under ERRORS below. ERRORS
The csa_list_entry_sequence function returns the following error values: CSA_E_FAILURE There was a general failure that does not fit the description of any other error code. CSA_E_INSUFFICIENT_MEMORY Insufficient memory was available to complete the requested operation. CSA_E_INVALID_DATE_TIME An invalid date and time combination was specified. CSA_E_INVALID_ENTRY_HANDLE An invalid calendar entry handle was specified. CSA_E_INVALID_FLAG A flag value in the flags argument was invalid. CSA_E_INVALID_FUNCTION_EXT The function extension requested is invalid. CSA_E_INVALID_PARAMETER A function parameter was invalid. CSA_E_INVALID_SESSION_HANDLE The specified Session Handle is invalid or no longer valid (e.g., after logging off). CSA_E_NOT_SUPPORTED The operation requested is not supported by this implementation. CSA_E_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE The requested calendar service is unavailable. CSA_E_UNSUPPORTED_FLAG The flag requested is not supported. CSA_E_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION_EXT The specified function extension is not supported or CSA_EXT_REQUIRED is set. SEE ALSO
csa/csa.h - csacsa(5), csa_add_calendar(3), csa_add_entry(3), csa_call_callbacks(3), csa_delete_calendar(3), csa_delete_entry(3), csa_free(3), csa_free_time_search(3), csa_list_calendar_attributes(3), csa_list_calendars(3), csa_list_entries(3), csa_list_entry_attributes(3), csa_logoff(3), csa_logon(3), csa_look_up(3), csa_query_configuration(3), csa_read_calendar_attributes(3), csa_read_entry_attributes(3), csa_read_next_reminder(3), csa_register_callback(3), csa_unregister_callback(3), csa_update_calen- dar_attributes(3), csa_update_entry_attributes(3). csa_list_entry_sequence(library call)