Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to get to openboot through ssh putty? Post 302549225 by pabloli150 on Monday 22nd of August 2011 09:33:06 AM
Old 08-22-2011
thanks for your help!

it worked with eeprom!

i was using sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH with Putty

I've been trying to setup my SunBlade as an SSH server. I configured the sshd_config file, but I cannot get the keys to exchange properly. I generate a key pair in Putty on my laptop (the host, running Win2K), exported the Private key as OpenSSH and then copied the public key to the a file I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
3 Replies

2. Linux

Display to PC via ssh/putty (RHE 5)

Hi all, I just installed Red Hat Enterprise and I would like to have the KDE/GNOME windows display to my PC. When I am root (via ssh, putty) I type startx but it fails. I'm not sure what has to be configured! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automate with Putty-SSH for 2 users

Hi, I have automated logins to Unix boxes with Ssh - Putty combination. Have created a Pub - Pvt key combination for the same. Added the entry of username in "User name" box of Putty. This works perfectly for the specified user. I want this to happen now for another user as well, without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help me urgently.... Regarding Putty SSH Config.

I have downloaded the Putty SSH configuration. I have entered my Host name as illinois.engr.sjsu.edu and i am trying to save that. But i am unable to save. Also i opened the session and entered my log in name But it says using keyboard interactive authentication.I am not able to get into $ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating FTP account using SSH (putty)?

Hello, : ) I have a remote access to the server that hosts my joomla, and it does not have cpanel. So I have to do everything manually. I need to have an FTP account to the httpdocs folder because I need to put these info in the config file of joomla (to allow file uploading ...etc) So,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hayatt
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Free SSH Client other than PUTTY

Is there any Better FREE SSH client similar to Secure CRT ? We are working on cluster db servers. PROD/DEV/UAT/QA/TEST server hostnames are just one letter differences. it always confuse me to which one I am logging in. So I am looking for a free SSH client, for windows where I can store... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Putty SSH connection not working

I am trying to connect to a solaris server using putty from a indows client. SSH connection is not working. The terminal indow just gives an error message "Network error:Connection refused". I verified SSHD and its running correctly! #svcs -p ssh STATE STIME FMRI online 17:54:44... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
3 Replies

8. SuSE

Unable to putty using ssh at port 22

I installed linux on one of my system and assigned valid network ip to it. I am able to connect to net properly. But when I try to putty this system from another system using ssh at port 22 then it gives me connection timed out error. When I ping the system it responds fine but still unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Making SSH coonection through putty

Hi Folks , I am using putty to connect to a unix box machine the issue is that every time i need to enter the credentials of the servers (unix box) , please advise is there any way i can configure putty so that only i need to eneter the user id of the server and password is automatically pass... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n4noida
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding PuTTY SSH Tunneling

I have a process running on my local server. http://dev.techx.com:6060/proct I wish to block port 6060 and expose port 7777 to the outside world. I block port 6060 and open port 7777 on the firewall. What should be the PuTTY Settings -> Connection -> SSH -> Tunnels 1. Destination ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf, April 1996. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 14, 2009 BSD