Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat System unable to register with Red Hat Networks Post 302549183 by SmithJ on Monday 22nd of August 2011 05:59:01 AM
Old 08-22-2011
Thank you for your help. The command rhnreg_ks calls for an activation key, which I don't have. I tried using Redhats' instrctions to create an activation key via their website. However, the activation key option is not listed on my Systems' tab on my Red Hat accounts page. Therefore, I am not able to run the rhnreg_ks command. If you have any other ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks again,
doug

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

system parameter values on Red Hat Linux

I am making a shell script that will display memory, disk space and CPU utilization at periodic intervals. I am planning to use free, df -h and mpstat commands and then parse them to extract the values. Can someone give me idea if I am using the correct command. I am interested to display overall... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How I can get System Performance Linux Red Hat

Hi All, Can someone help me out knowing all commands for getting system performance on Linux Red hat(I hope Red hat doesn't matter). I am aware of vmstat, sar and top. Thanks in advance, Yagami Light. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yagami
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to register with Red Hat Network?

Hi, We have Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 running on all our machines and planning to make one machine as a YUM repository server. Using yum utility the rest of the RHEL machines should be able to get the latest patches/ packages. Done a POC with the packages available in RHEL 5.3 DVD –... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday123
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to register

I've tried three times. email: dpc (_a_t_) ucore.info username: dpc . ucore . info Browser: FF 3.0.17 on Solaris Why don't you let me in and consider me a spammer, ha? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imnotaspammer
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect to oracle in red hat linux

Hi Gurus, I have installed the oracle xpress 10g edition in my red hat linux and saw the message that it has been installed successfully ,but after that I started the database by going through application->database->start database and after that i open the sql prumt but when i tried to connect... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
18 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Solaris 11.1 on Red Hat system?

I'm wanting to install Solaris 11.1 on a system that already has Windows and Red Hat and a boot system managed by GRUB. From what I've read, the Solaris 11.1 install will recognize Windows fine and account for it with GRUB 2. But it doesn't mention any other OS. It talks about installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWH
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Red Hat system not booting up

Hello, I had a linux server running mysql db without any issues, it just panic'd and now its not coming up , unfortunately we do not have backup for this server as well can anybody help on this. Following is the error Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0 ) notwithin permissible range Red... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)						    Red Hat Linux System Manual 					      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - a program for non interactively registering systems to Red Hat Network SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the Red Hat Network. It is designed to be used in a non-interactive enviroment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the commandline or stdin. --profilename Specify the profilename that should be used as an identifier for the system in Red Hat Network --username The username to register the system with under Red Hat Network. This can be an existing Red Hat Network username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --orgid Specify an organizational id of the org to register this system under. This is optional, and only used if registered a system to an existing Red Hat Network organization. --orgpassword The password assocated with the orgig specified with the --orgid option. This is an unencrypted password. --email The email address associated with the username specified iwth the --username option. --serialnumber Specify a servial number to associate with the system. This is optional, and only useful when combined with an orgid. --contactinfo Read contact info from standard in. The format is one entry per line, colon seperated. Valid options are reg_num, title, first_name, last_name, company, position, address1, address2, city, state, zip, country, phone, fax, contact_email, contact_mail, contact_phone, contact_fax, contact_special, contact_newsletter. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version fo rhnreg_ks --proxy Specify a http proxy to use. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Configuration settings for up2date and rhnreg_ks /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT The ssl certificate authority file used by rhnreg_ks to validate the Red Hat Network ssl servers. EXAMPLES
The following registers a new system to Red Hat Network. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" The following examples registers a new system to Red Hat Network including contact info. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
Configuration can be done via up2date --configure. rhnreg_ks is used to register a system to Red Hat Network. Visit <http://rhn.red- hat.com> for access or to sign up. You can also run up2date to register a system with Red Hat Network. Authors Written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed 10 April 2002 RHNREG_KS(8)