Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Serial connection CAT5 instead of RS232 and Null Modem or Straight cable. Post 302549173 by vectrum on Monday 22nd of August 2011 05:20:19 AM
Old 08-22-2011
Yes, i need null modem but i don't know how to connect pins in order to set db 9pin->RJ45
and db25pin->RJ45(i need to dbs, 9pin for system and 25pin for the vt).

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is anyone using unix with cable modem

Is anyone using a cable modem with unix and if so does your cable co. support unix or did you get that going on your own and how. Thank you for all your help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cable modem to sparc

hi , i have sparc machine , i want to connect my le0 (ethernet interface) directly to cable modem , i have created a file resolv.conf,hosts, dhcp.le0,defaultrouter,nisswitch,hostname.le0. i dont know my cable companies <domain name> and <name server assigned to me> , also they even dont know how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hyperterminal null modem connection to Solaris

I am new to Unix. I just got my SUN box from ebay with Solaris supposedly preloaded. The problem is I am unable to connect via Hyperterminal to Solaris, or more to the point, cannot tell if I have a successful connection and that solaris is the one not properly booted up. I hooked up a null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seethams
3 Replies

4. Solaris

null modem serial cable for server testing

HI all, i still have a problem when using null modem to see the output from my server(sun ultra en 3000). i followed the instruction from the internet, but it is not working. 1. i am using db9(5 4, 2 rows,put in laptop serial port) and db25(13 12, 2 rows,put in (A) server serial port). 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

6. Solaris

cannot telnet/ftp to solaris machine by straight cable makes problem ..

Hi All, 1. modify /etc/default/login file as make commented # console= 2.put my laptops ip at both /etc/inet/ipnodes and /etc/host file still i can login via telnet/ftp through a DB9-serial cable, but when i tried through a lan stratight cable directly connected that machine... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahadib
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Null modem cable in Ultra sparc 10

Hi Gurus, Can I use null modem cable in Ultra sparc 10 workstation Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

8. AIX

Transferring files via RS232 cable

Current setup: Some old AIX standalone machine (F series) My WinXP laptop Null modem cable from laptop to AIX machine (console port). On Hypterminal on WinXP I can connect to the AIX machine (serial connection), but when I try to transfer file, it will just sit there. I'm guessing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
3 Replies

9. AIX

serial modem connection

I configured the serial modem in my P6-550 AIX 5.3 box But i dont have telephone line. when I run the command # cu -l /dev/tty1 the output is as follows does it mean that my modem is responding to the command? can i say my serial port is working and communicating fine? Connected ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies
UPLCOM(4)                                                  BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                  UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD November 22, 2006 BSD