Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hacmp application startscript issue Post 302549165 by ross.mather on Monday 22nd of August 2011 04:22:17 AM
Old 08-22-2011
It could be a timing issue in the order that the resources start.

When you've started up manually then you know that IP addresses etc are all active in your resource group. That isn't the case with all HACMP resource groups.

There is a flag in the TCP/IP settings to make sure that the IP Address is on before the application is started. That might help.

Otherwise its time to trawl through the Application and HACMP logs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issue while installing a Application on AIX

All, I am trying to install a application called Microstrategy on AIX 5.1 box.This is the first time I am working on AIX.The installation fails after some 10% complete.Given below is the text from the installation log file.Do any one of you have any idea what might be the problem? (Jan 19,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apu78
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HACMP in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody advice whether it is possible to configure HACMP in HP-UX Server. To my knowledge HACMP is IBM Solution. Thanks && Regards, N. Poorna Chandra Rao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npcrao
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to issue a new application to a specific processor?

We can use "pbind" to bind a process to a specific processor. But it requires the id of the process to be binded, meaning we have to do the binding after starting that process. So how can we bind a process to a specific processor while we start that process. Say we are working on a Sun's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubcedison
3 Replies

4. Solaris

PID / Startscript

Hi, I have a startscript on solaris 10 which does not work properly. #!/sbin/sh PIDFILE=/opt/app_y/PID.log case $1 in 'start') /usr/local/bin/app_y -C /opt/app_y/local.cfg echo $! > $PIDFILE ;; esac exit $? The problem is that the PIDFILE is empty.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorinox
3 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

6. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP - RG move issue.

Hello Everyone, Hope you all doing well. I have configured a powerHA with 2 RG. Whenever am moving a RG to the 2 node, the 2 node becoming unavailable. But its working fine in the console also cluster not having any issues. Once i ran the tcp/ip configuration via smitty , the node... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
9 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP

Does anyone has idea about, what is the ibm standard HACMP trip interval? We have 20 second. lssrc -ls topsvcs Subsystem Group PID Status topsvcs topsvcs 1843200 active Network Name Indx Defd Mbrs St Adapter ID Group ID HB Interval =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: allwin
7 Replies

9. AIX

Help with HACMP

Hi. We have a two node HA cluster. We got a request to change one of the VG name? Is there an option to do this online ? If it requires downtime can someone please explain me the steps for doing it ? Let me know if you need any outputs from the servers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a Startscript

I hope I have found the perfect place for my problem ... I have a dedicated server with some minecraftservers (java) which are connected via a Bungeecord on it. These all have a start.sh which looks in its folder like this: screen -A -m -d -S SERVERNAME java -jar -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spongebob
10 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ROUTE(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_ROUTE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_Route - Manages network routes SYNOPSIS
Route [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Enables and disables network routes. Supports host and net routes, routes via a gateway address, and routes using specific source addresses. This resource agent is useful if a node's routing table needs to be manipulated based on node role assignment. Consider the following example use case: - One cluster node serves as an IPsec tunnel endpoint. - All other nodes use the IPsec tunnel to reach hosts in a specific remote network. Then, here is how you would implement this scheme making use of the Route resource agent: - Configure an ipsec LSB resource. - Configure a cloned Route OCF resource. - Create an order constraint to ensure that ipsec is started before Route. - Create a colocation constraint between the ipsec and Route resources, to make sure no instance of your cloned Route resource is started on the tunnel endpoint itself. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
destination The destination network (or host) to be configured for the route. Specify the netmask suffix in CIDR notation (e.g. "/24"). If no suffix is given, a host route will be created. Specify "0.0.0.0/0" or "default" if you want this resource to set the system default route. (unique, required, string, no default) device The outgoing network device to use for this route. (unique, optional, string, no default) gateway The gateway IP address to use for this route. (unique, optional, string, no default) source The source IP address to be configured for the route. (unique, optional, string, no default) table The routing table to be configured for the route. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 10. reload Suggested minimum timeout: 20. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a Route resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_Route ocf:heartbeat:Route params destination=string op monitor timeout="20" interval="10" depth="0" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Route_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ROUTE(7)