Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot use filesystem while sending a snapshot Post 302549125 by jlliagre on Sunday 21st of August 2011 07:22:23 PM
Old 08-21-2011
Please elaborate about:
Quote:
If i make a change to the shares filesystem while sending the snapshot, the snapshot is not send properly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

FS snapshot problems

Hi, I'm working with fssnap command because I would search an alternative backup metod. My server has Solaris 9 installed and following sys admin manual, I created some snapshots, this is not difficult. But the problem is here: following manual I create without problem snapshots, for example the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Can not snapshot zone

For the life of me, I cannot figure out the syntax unless it's my configuration. Zone path is /zpool/zones/oracle11zone2 It is not running. -bash-3.00# zfs snapshot zpool/zones/oracle11zone2@prepatch cannot open 'zpool/zones/oracle11zone2': dataset does not exist -bash-3.00# zfs snapshot... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs - get the name of the last snapshot

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my server and want to set up automatic backuping using zfs snapshots. In the backup script I need to find out the name of the last snapshot of the given filesystem (in order to refer to it as the startpoint of an incremental backup). What is the best way to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Snapshot backup

Hi all: I'm trying to do the following: 1) Each monday (for every week or bi-weekly) I'll perform a full backup of my 2 Tb RAID 1 system to an external eSATA 2 Tb HDD. I'll move this HDD to a different physical place (my home i.e). 2) Each day after monday until the next backup, I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvgarci
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Snapshot analyze

Hi, Is there any tool is available for analyzing Oracle X86 snapshot output. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies
fssnap(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                fssnap(1M)

NAME
fssnap - create temporary snapshots of a file system SYNOPSIS
fssnap [-F FSType] [-V] -o special_options /mount/point fssnap -d [-F FSType] [-V] /mount/point | dev fssnap -i [-F FSType] [-V] [-o special_options] [/mount/point | dev] DESCRIPTION
The fssnap command creates a stable, read-only snapshot of a file system when given either an active mount point or a special device con- taining a mounted file system, as in the first form of the synopsis. A snapshot is a temporary image of a file system intended for backup operations. While the snapshot file system is stable and consistent, an application updating files when the snapshot is created might leave these files in an internally inconsistent, truncated, or otherwise unusable state. In such a case, the snapshot will contain these partially written or corrupted files. It is a good idea to ensure active applications are suspended or checkpointed and their associated files are also consis- tent during snapshot creation. File access times are not updated while the snapshot is being created. A path to the virtual device that contains this snapshot is printed to standard output when a snapshot is created. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Deletes the snapshot associated with the given file system. -F FSType Specifies the file system type to be used. The FSType should either be specified here or be determined by matching the block special device with an entry in the /etc/vfstab table, or by consulting /etc/default/fs. -i Displays the state of any given FSType snapshot. If a mount-point or device is not given, a list of all snapshots on the system is displayed. When a mount-point or device is specified, detailed information is provided for the specified file system snapshot by default. The format and meaning of this information is file-system dependent. See the FSType-specific fssnap man page for details. -o special_options See the FSType-specific man page for fssnap. -V Echoes the complete command line, but does not execute the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: /mount/point The directory where the file system resides. EXAMPLES
See FSType-specific man pages for examples. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/vfstab Specifies file system type. /etc/default/fs Specifies the default local file system type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fssnap_ufs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
This command might not be supported for all FSTypes. SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 fssnap(1M)