Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web development language choice? Post 302549064 by figaro on Sunday 21st of August 2011 05:57:32 AM
Old 08-21-2011
The answer to the original post is not whether one language should be preferred over another, but which development framework suits the requirements best. For the first, you could look into magento or zencart, also check Wikipedia (Comparison of shopping cart software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
You could benefit from this resource as well: Compare Content Management Systems - cmsmatrix.org - The Content Management Comparison Tool
Ultimately, you will probably use a combination of PHP and Javascript.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Development of the C Language

LINK The Development of the C Language http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html By: Dennis M. Ritchie Bell Labs/Lucent Technologies Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA Paper History of C Language Development. B to C to BCPL (Ansi Standard). Check it out. This paper studies its evolution &... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best development language to monitor the unix server

Hi, I am supposed to create the website to perform some monitoring and management activities on unix server. Activities includes cpu usage,displays currently runing processes,deleting files on the server and so on. Please tell which is best web based language(.net or java) to develop... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
6 Replies

3. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

4. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Fundamental question on web development

I am just getting into web development and I want to understand it better and more theoretically. :D So by now I can create some basic websites with html, css, php, etc, but what I do not understand is how is this then projected into the world wide web or what we call the internet??? Of course... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Top 8 Web Development Trends 2019

Top 8 Web Development Trends 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLm3Y7Odb74 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
uri_urn(3tcl)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management					     uri_urn(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(3tcl)