Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Knoppix; What's the gist of it. Post 302549060 by figaro on Sunday 21st of August 2011 05:29:54 AM
Old 08-21-2011
It has been a long time since I used Knoppix last, largely because of installation issues on some PCs with exotic hardware. For a list of alternatives see here: DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
There should be no mounting required for a live CD.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help running Knoppix

i need help running Knoppix on my comp (which is windows). I have the cd with the iso on it and it works on my moms computer but not mine :( this is what it says to do How do I run KNOPPIX? In order to start the CD, first adjust the boot list in the BIOS Setup of your computer to boot from CD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smokinchili21
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KNOPPIX CD not Booting

I have downloaded KNOPIIX and burned it on a CD, it niether boots from CD nor could I open the file, it seems the extension is .iso, would you mind sending me your comment,please. Thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir
2 Replies

3. Debian

knoppix version?

hi all again!! just a stupide question: how do you find the version of a knoppix? like the /etc/mandrake-release on mdk machines?? I have no idea of where to search.. Jason (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About the usage of knoppix

I hv boot my crashed RH server with knoppix linux cd , the server can connect internet now , I want to copy some files from my server to internet , but now I only found the below device path , could suggest how can I see my original path (eg. /home/ , /usr , / tmp etc, because I hv some important... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Knoppix and an old Dell

Sorry if this post is in the wrong location. I'm trying to pull some files off of an old Dell box. I've not been able to get it to boot off of the HD, so I tried to use Knoppix. At boot time; I get the following error: Loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it isolinux 2.04: failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How can I get Knoppix on HDD

Umm How can I get the Knoppix can be booted off my hard drive instead of the CD. I dont like using the CD. :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade11
4 Replies

7. SuSE

knoppix

Hi, I want to learn linux but I don't want to install on my hard drive. I came to know about knoppix that could give me the answer. But If I download the same (approx 700 MB) from free download site and copy it to CD, Will it work ? please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix

Hello All, I have a Knoppix CD. I am able to boot Knoppix(Linux) from the CD. How do I save a document that I created using OpenOffice(Writer) to either my harddrive on Windows or to a USB instead of the CD itself. I am new to Knoppix and am not sure of the GUI. I tried mounting the USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)