Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sftp output to file.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sftp output to file. Post 302548806 by frank_rizzo on Friday 19th of August 2011 10:19:16 AM
Old 08-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar.lsr
Any other way to include that statistics line into my log ?
no -b batch mode disables this by design.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output from sFTP

Hey all, I have a ksh script which used ftp to transfter certain files to a AIX server, however, now I have to switch to sFTP and I have the following problem. Originally, output=`ftp -nv $AIX_HOST << EOF 2>&1 user $AIX_USER $AIX_PASSWORD cd... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp verbose output

We need to use sftp to replace the ftp on all our application scripts. The command itself works, however,the output from the verbose is not giving us a success response with a transfer count. Our processes require that we interrogate the response to ensure the data transfer was successful. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp output is different when running manually/script

When I manually sftp a file to a remote server I get the following output on the screen; Uploading filename to /inbound/xxxxxxx_Folder_1/filename filename 100% 50 0.1KB/s 00:00 When I run the commands from within a shell script I do not get the "filename ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rugggy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp output is different when running manually/script

When I manually run a sftp to a remote server I receive the following output on he screen; Uploading filename to /inbound/xxxxxxx_Folder_1/filename filename 100% 50 0.1KB/s ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rugggy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect SFTP Output only

HI Guys, My requiement is to redirect output and error of sftp to a file.I have gone through few solutions given in this forum and got the alternate solution but not the one i want. Below piece of code is not working .. $ sftp user@server<<EOF 2>&1 >temp.txt > cd <dir> > ls > EOF... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Command understanding the output file destination in case of standard output!!!!!

I ran the following command. cat abc.c > abc.c I got message the following message from command cat: cat: abc.c : input file is same as the output file How the command came to know of the destination file name as the command is sending output to standard file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD