Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Folder permissions to delete
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Folder permissions to delete Post 302548534 by Corona688 on Thursday 18th of August 2011 04:19:54 PM
Old 08-18-2011
If you have GNU find that makes things a lot simpler, it supports -maxdepth to prevent recursion.

Code:
# Find every writable directory inside /path/to/base
find /path/to/base -type d -writable |
while read DIR
do
        # Print all files inside writable directories.
        find "$DIR" -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type f

# feed the list into xargs, which turns it into rm -f file1 file2 file3 ...
done | xargs echo rm -f

Remove the 'echo' from xargs once you've tested that it really does what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

folder permissions

I work for a big company and all the people within my unit share a common drive to save documents to. I am listed in the group(AMS group) that has access rights to folders within this drive. but i'm trying to restrict access to a confidential folder so that only I can access it. when I set the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shed
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate nested folder permissions

Hi expert, I would like to know how to generate file and folder ( including nested subfolder and files) permissions under oracle directory ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to write a script to test the folder permissions

Hi All, I want a script to test folder permissions.( to alert me if a folder /abc/xyz does not have 775 permissions). i want to test /abc/xyz is having 775 permissions or not if not it has to alert me. Please help me ASAP Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh212512
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all the files in folder a which exist in folder b

Hi , I need a script which basically deltes all files in folder a which are alreasy present in folder b say folder a has files abc.txt pqr .txt and b has abc.txt pqr.txt rmr.txt then file abc.txt and pqr.txt from a should be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir: copying a folder's permissions

Hi, I wanted to know how to create a folder using mkdir and then have it copy the permissions from another specified folder on the system. For example if I did this: mkdir /Volumes/USBSTICK/System How can I make it copy the permissions from the /System folder ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions of the folder var/www

what should be the permissions of the folder var/www in my ubuntu ? I need it to be safe and at the same time I need ftp users to be able to edit it. I was wondering if I should create a group with all permissions and add ftp users to this group in unix. what's the standard way to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need to compare two folder / FS permissions

Hi, Need to compare two folders / File systems permissions & time stamps including sub folders and files. Kindly let me know if any commands available. Regards :: VM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novaothers
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Folder permissions

Hi Team, I want to set permissions to one folder in such a way that the user can write files or create folder inside that but should not able to delete it. Basically reason behind this is i am using Pidgin Messenger. There is a directory of logs in which, when user chat its store his logs.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)