Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automated script to look for files in FTP Server location. Post 302548436 by sonam273 on Thursday 18th of August 2011 11:28:11 AM
Old 08-18-2011
Automated script to look for files in FTP Server location.

suppose one file comes in one sever location on MOnday.we have to write a script to automatically get that files and put it in different server location.

---------- Post updated at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ----------

Please help me on this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated ftp script from unix -date range of files

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

2. Programming

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Automated ftp for Multiple files

I have seen the script posted yesterday for automated ftp Can we do some thing like ftp ing multiple files in one script Example input.txt has all files names to be ftped input.txt ------ a.tar b.ccp c.perl i need to ftp all the files present in input.txt i tried something like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP from Unix to Active Directory Server

Automated Unix to Windows Active Directory FTP I have done many automated FTP scripts using the following logic: =============================== echo "Starting the FTP transfer..." { echo " open 192.168.1.100 user username password ascii put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with automated FTP script

Hi, Ok, i'm trying to automate sending a DB backup from a linux box to a remote Windows PC via FTP. I can connect, send the file and create a folder, however I require that the backups be differentiated by date. Here is what my script looks like: open *.*.*.* user username password lcd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leimrod
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)