Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need advise on setting up solaris 10 2 nodes cluster Post 302548180 by solaris_user on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 04:34:58 PM
Old 08-17-2011
Check this cool site, it has many examples for cluster.
Solaris Cluster - Blog O’ Matty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Bonding, IP alias, Virtual IP, 2 nodes cluster

Hi ! I have a simple setup of 2 PC (with linux Red-Hat) where the first PC is the primary machine and the second the backup. I use DRBD for data replication and Red-Hat cluster suite for HA (High Availability). I have tested both. Now I NEED a COMMON IP ADDRESS (or Master/unique IP address) for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny Gilbert
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Alias, Bonding or Virtual IP, 2 nodes Cluster, which one to use ?

Hi ! I have a simple setup of 2 PC (with linux Red-Hat) where the first PC is the primary machine and the second the backup. I use DRBD for data replication and Red-Hat cluster suite for HA (High Availability). I have tested both. Now I NEED a COMMON IP ADDRESS (or Master/unique IP address) for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny Gilbert
3 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Setting up 2 node cluster using solaris 10

hi, i am trying to setup a 2 node cluster environment. following is what i have; 1. 2 x sun ultra60 - 450MHz procs, 1GB RAM, 9GB HDD, solaris 10 2. 2 x HBA cards 3. 2 x Connection leads to connect ultra60 with D1000 4. 1 x D1000 storage box. 5. 3 x 9GB HDD + 2 x 36GB HDD first of all,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solman17
1 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Rebooting 3 to 1 Cluster nodes.

hello Gurus, My current set up is 3 to 1 Cluster (SUN Cluster 3.2) running oracle database. Task is to reboot the servers. My query is about the procedure to do the same. My understanding is suspend the databases to avoid switchover. Then execute the command scshutdown to down the cluster... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
4 Replies

5. Solaris

What is the procedure to reboot cluster nodes

Hi we have 2 solaris 10 servers in veritas cluster. also we have oracle cluster on the database end. now we have a requirement to reboot both the servers as it has been running for more than a year. can any one tell what is the procedure to bring down the cluster services in both the nodes... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to troubleshoot a 1000 nodes Apache cluster?

Hi all. May I get some expert advice on troubleshooting performance issues of a 1000 nodes Apache LB cluster. Users report slow loading/response of webpages. Different websites are hosted on this cluster for different clients. But all are reporting the same issue. Could you please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

7. AIX

Re-cluster 2 HACMP 5.2 nodes

Hi, A customer I'm supporting once upon a time broke their 2 cluster node database servers so they could use the 2nd standby node for something else. Now sometime later they want to bring the 2nd node back into the cluster for resilance. Problem is there are now 3 VG's that have been set-up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Arbitrator for 2 nodes ocfs cluster

Is there any way to create a arbitrary node for ocfs2 on a virtual machine (others are physical servers) so it won't go panic when one of physical server goes down? This is for load balanced application servers. Any setting example or tips? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malayo
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

RedHat Cluster: Nodes won't see each other

Hi All; I try to build a Redhat Cluster (CentOS 6) on vmware. But each node sees the other down like: # clustat Cluster Status for mycluster @ Wed Apr 8 11:01:38 2015 Member Status: Quorate Member Name ID Status ------ ---- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

RedHat Cluster: Nodes won't see each other

Hi All; I try to build a Redhat Cluster (CentOS 6) on vmware. But each node sees the other down like: # clustat Cluster Status for mycluster @ Wed Apr 8 11:01:38 2015 Member Status: Quorate Member Name ID Status ------ ---- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)