Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP a huge Size file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP a huge Size file Post 302548002 by h@foorsa.biz on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 08:23:22 AM
Old 08-17-2011
FTP is doing well in individual large files .
What about rsync is a good option.
Just google for FTP vs rsync

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp file size

how to compare file size which has been received through ftp get from a remote location with local copy available any clue regards (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiya
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp hangs on file size = 0

I have an ftp process which runs every 10 minutes between Unix and an NT box. Normally it works, but when the script tries to get a file from NT that has a length of 0, the ftp process hangs (as if it is still waiting for the end of the file). This is the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinrich
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare file size after ftp?

Is possible if I want to campare file size on source and destination after ftp transfer? If anybody know, please explain to me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icemania
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to synchronize filesystems with huge size

Hello, I am using IXOS 3rd party utility to maintain invoices (images) in my client's SAP system. We have a DR (Disaster Recovery) setup & for that I need to synchronize my /ixos filesystem (with size more than 50 GB) between two servers say x182 & x050. Initially I thought to tar the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the size of a file after FTP

Hi I am doing a FTP process through which I am copying a file from my local server to Remote server. After this I want to check the size of the file Below is my program: LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess REMOTESERVER=test.appl.com REMOTEPATH=batch/ftpTest LOGIN=px PASSWORD=abcd ftp -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implement in one line sed or awk having no delimiter and file size is huge

I have file which contains around 5000 lines. The lines are fixed legth but having no delimiter.Each line line contains nearly 3000 characters. I want to delete the lines a> if it starts with 1 and if 576th postion is a digit i,e 0-9 or b> if it starts with 0 or 9(i,e header and footer) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

9. AIX

FTP huge file transfer

Hi, I need to transfer 2000 files from one host to another.. I modified /etc/security/limits to -1 and ulimit -f, ulimit -s, ulimit -a.. Even then only 700 files are transferred. Could You please help me to sort out this issue.. I think some configuration related to memory is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP zero size file

Hi AM using unix Aix Ksh I need to clarify regarding sending the zero size file to another server. VAL=ftp.sh -c put souce_file Dest_file $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $VAL 2 > $ERR When am Sending the Zero Size File getting alerts netout write returned Zero. But i would like to know $VAL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies
rdiff(1)						      General Commands Manual							  rdiff(1)

NAME
rdiff - compute and apply signature-based file differences SYNOPSYS
rdiff [options] signature old-file signature-file rdiff [options] delta signature-file new-file delta-file rdiff [options] patch basis-file delta-file new-file USAGE
You can use rdiff to update files, much like rsync does. However, unlike rsync, rdiff puts you in control. There are three steps to updating a file: signature, delta, and patch. DESCRIPTION
In every case where a filename must be specified, - may be used instead to mean either standard input or standard output as appropriate. Be aware that if you do this, you'll need to terminate your options with -- or rdiff will think you are passing it an empty option. RETURN VALUE
0 for successful completion, 1 for environmental problems (file not found, invalid options, IO error, etc), 2 for a corrupt file and 3 for an internal error or unhandled situation in librsync or rdiff. SEE ALSO
librsync(3) AUTHOR
Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org> The original rsync algorithm was discovered by Andrew Tridgell. rdiff development has been supported by Linuxcare, Inc and VA Linux Systems. $Date: 2002/01/25 21:25:34 $ rdiff(1)