Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mysql script in a command shell Post 302547995 by mduduzi on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 07:54:45 AM
Old 08-17-2011
thanks man i`m just having small issues to sort out but its all good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql with shell script

Hi did any books teaching beginner to run mysql using BASH shell? thkx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing mysql load statement from shell script

Hi, I have a piece of shell script which will connect to mysql database and execute a load statement(which will load datas in a file to the database table).The code is working and the data is in the tables. Now my requirement is, i need to grab the output from the load statement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple MySql queries in shell script?

Hi guys, i know how to run a single query using mysql embedded in a shell script as follows: `mysql -umyuser -pmypass --host myhost database<<SQL ${query}; quit SQL` However, how would i be able to run several queries within the same connection? The reason for this is i am creating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while puting shell variable in mysql command value does not interpolate

port=$(ssh tms6@$x cat /tms6/scripts/start.lc.sh | grep -P '^\/tms6\/bin\/lc' | cut -d' ' -f3 | cut -b 3-6) tpsip=$(ssh tms6@$x cat /tms6/scripts/start.lc.sh | grep -P '^\/tms6\/bin\/lc' | cut -d' ' -f4 | cut -b 9-) # IFS="\n" set -- $port ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql script in a command shell

Hi i`m trying this script to run and i get the following error. Enter your name tman Enter your surname smith -bash: ./500: line 20: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' -bash: ./500: line 21: syntax error: unexpected end of file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduduzi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Download - Mysql replace

Hi, I have a video script. it has embedded Youtube videos. I want replace them downloaded version mp4 videos. this script has a mysql table. I want search "url_flv" field on table a youtube link if has a youtube link I want download it this command. I want extract uniq_id field for file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql is not working in shell script

Hi Team, I have created attached script in mysql environment. But there is below error . can you please suggest . Error : Unknown table 'processlist' in finformation_schema #!/bin/bash mysql -u $DBUSER -p$DBPASS -e " select -- * id from information_schema.processlist where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jewel
1 Replies
WRAP-AND-SORT(1)                                              General Commands Manual                                             WRAP-AND-SORT(1)

NAME
wrap-and-sort - wrap long lines and sort items in Debian packaging files SYNOPSIS
wrap-and-sort [options] DESCRIPTION
wrap-and-sort wraps the package lists in Debian control files. By default the lists will only split into multiple lines if the entries are longer than 80 characters. wrap-and-sort sorts the package lists in Debian control files and all .install files. Beside that wrap-and-sort removes trailing spaces in these files. This script should be run in the root of a Debian package tree. It searches for control, control.in, copyright, copyright.in, install, and *.install in the debian directory. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -a, --wrap-always Wrap all package lists in the Debian control file even if the entries are shorter than 80 characters and could fit in one line line. -s, --short-indent Only indent wrapped lines by one space (default is in-line with the field name). -b, --sort-binary-packages Sort binary package paragraphs by name. -k, --keep-first When sorting binary package paragraphs, leave the first one at the top. Unqualified debhelper(7) configuration files are applied to the first package. -n, --no-cleanup Do not remove trailing whitespaces. -d path, --debian-directory=path Location of the debian directory (default: ./debian). -f file, --file=file Wrap and sort only the specified file. You can specify this parameter multiple times. All supported files will be processed if no files are specified. -v, --verbose Print all files that are touched. AUTHORS
wrap-and-sort and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN Debian Utilities WRAP-AND-SORT(1)