Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem in loop execution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in loop execution Post 302547983 by anuragpgtgerman on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 07:42:52 AM
Old 08-17-2011
Here I am using script on linux platform but the problem I am getting that I am not having exact path of repo u can say that I am not able to fetch the list of repositories

---------- Post updated at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:31 AM ----------

My problem here is

I have list of all main repo. But doesn’t have the path of sub. Repo. In svn only the command that use for this svn ls <url>/svn/reponame which can lsit eh name of sub-repo but I don’t have the idea upto which maxdepth these sub-repo.

1) I want to know the exact path of sub-repo
2) Want to show the list of tags and it is possible if we have exact and full path od sub-repo

Command that
Show the list of sub-repo inside main repo
Svn ls <url>/sv/repo

Command to show the tags
Svn ls <url>/sv/repo/tags

Example

1ROHIT-------------|1) a
|2)b

2 SINGH-------------|1) c
|2)d-------------------------1)e(has tag.branch and trunk folder) if I have full path of e(sub-repo) then I can use the command(Svn ls <url>/sv/repo/tags
) to check the list of tags

Svn ls <url>/svn/SINGH/d/e/tags will show the list of tags

My problem is I don’t know at which maxdepth this folder resides inside the main repo

3 KUMAR
4 NICE

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to stop execution in for loop

Hi all, I am working on a c source code nearly 2000 line . it contains one big for( i=0; i< 200 ; i++ ) loop of around 600 lines could any tell me how to break the execution of prog when the value of i is 50 in for loop so that i can check inside the loop. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar command loop during execution

I've some problem concerning tar command. Sometime tar command submitted to create a tar file, in execution loop over the same group of files. Can anyone help me? Tanks (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jocker
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of SQLs thru loop

Hi, I have a file in which I have a number of insert statements (number is not fixed, it may have 10 statements or may be 1000....not fixed). I want to execute these statements using a loop (1 statement per iteration). For ex: Input file has following statements: Insert statement #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop like execution in shell

Hi, In the script that i work now, I wrote the script such a way that the values retrieved using a tcl script is passed into a shell script to specify the path where the specific file needs to be sourced exists. For eg: I got a path from the tcl script given below, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar_S
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i have a file in which there are three fields code: 919804199233 404911130003916 357266044991350F and now i want to add two more fields i.e. code: 919804199233 404911130003916 357266044991350F ms 123 how can i do it using command line and if have a file of 100... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: esumiba
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi I am automating my few commands out of which one command is tail -f running.logs when i run this command it does not automatically exit and show prompt (#) what would i do so that it will exit out automatically after few seconds and move to the next command without using ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

HI I am trying to check the status of port using command /code: netstat -an | grep port /Output: *.2009 *.* 0 0 65535 0 LISTEN what i am trying to do is i want to grep only status Wether the port is established/listen if so show ok else... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

hi all, when i tried executing the script by giving following command $ sh test.sh <parameter> it shows the following output: <none> status code=0 Previously it was working fine.But now its showing this output. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

Hi, I have been trying to run a simple script CONFIG_FILE="/jay/check" . . . for i in `cat $CONFIG_FILE` do loc=`echo $i | cut -d "|" -f2` var=$(find $loc -mtime -1|wc -l) if then echo $loc has files older than 1 day fi done . . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem

How to search a pattern from multiple files... i used the command suppose the pattern name is xxx grep xxx (file1-o- file2-o- file3) Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
4 Replies
NEXT(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   NEXT(1)

NAME
next - show the next message SYNOPSIS
next [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Next performs a show on the next message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program show- proc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show next". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), prev(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the next message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
next is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to next and that link is not called next, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument next to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEXT(1)