Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zpool create - long time creation Post 302547938 by jlliagre on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 04:23:23 AM
Old 08-17-2011
No. A ZFS pool is usually created in a snap.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation time

i have to delete some files that were created on a particular date. is there any way to do that without affecting the files that were modified on the same date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. Programming

File creation time

Hi Everybody, Is their any functions to find out the file creation time in 'C' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation time in seconds

Hi All, Cany any one help me in solving this.. Problem statement: I have a requirement to find the time from which there are no files created in a given directory. For this I am assuming that I need to get the file creation time in seconds, then the current time in seconds using `date +%s`.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chary
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

5. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

File creation time

Hi Everybody, I would like to know file creation date and time in linux. I went throgh google and forums got some information but from that i am not sure for my question. Please check the following information. "ls -l" ==> but it is just gives the last modified time and date of the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time take between first and last file creation

Hi , In a folder I have multiple files. I want total time taken to write those files. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to go for it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?

Hi... Thanks to read this... I want to use mkdir to create many directories listed in a text file, let's say. How do I do this? Sorry for this maybe very basic question :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp file creation time

Hi Team, Could you please let me know ,how to find the file creation date time in SFTP server. i tred like , ls -ltr command only availble and not available like ls --full-time test.txt please help? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
7 Replies
AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)

NAME
amzfs-sendrecv - Amanda script to create zfs sendrecv DESCRIPTION
amzfs-sendrecv is an Amanda application implementing the Application API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem and backup the snapshot with 'zfs send'. Snapshot are kept after the backup is done, this increase the disk space use on the client but it is neccesary to be able do to incremental backup. If you want only full backup, you can disable this feature by setting the KEEP-SNAPSHOT property to 'NO'. Only the restoration of the complete backup is allowed, it is impossible to restore a single file. The application is run as the amanda user, it must have many zfs priviledge: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,create,rename,snapshot,destroy,send,receive FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem doesn't need to be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-sendrecv's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on the Application API, application configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. KEEP-SNAPSHOT If "YES" (the default), snapshot are kept after the backup, if set to "NO" then snapshot are no kept and incremental backup will fail. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-sendrecv application to backup a zfs filesystem. define application-tool amzfs_sendrecv { comment "amzfs-sendrecv" plugin "amzfs-sendrecv" #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "KEEP-SNAPSHOT" "YES" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-sendrecv { program "APPLICATAION" application "amzfs_sendrecv" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)