Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zpool create - long time creation Post 302547917 by bieszczaders on Wednesday 17th of August 2011 02:47:03 AM
Old 08-17-2011
zpool create - long time creation

Hello,

I have a 520GB SAN resource connected to the server via FC (4Gbit).
In the next step he wants to create pool storage:
Quote:
zpool create storage c4t600A0B80005BCFDC000005A64E44DB7Ad0
After 15 hours Pool has not yet created...
Is such a long waiting time is normal? Should I have done?

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation time

i have to delete some files that were created on a particular date. is there any way to do that without affecting the files that were modified on the same date? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskb
1 Replies

2. Programming

File creation time

Hi Everybody, Is their any functions to find out the file creation time in 'C' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation time in seconds

Hi All, Cany any one help me in solving this.. Problem statement: I have a requirement to find the time from which there are no files created in a given directory. For this I am assuming that I need to get the file creation time in seconds, then the current time in seconds using `date +%s`.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chary
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

5. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

File creation time

Hi Everybody, I would like to know file creation date and time in linux. I went throgh google and forums got some information but from that i am not sure for my question. Please check the following information. "ls -l" ==> but it is just gives the last modified time and date of the file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time take between first and last file creation

Hi , In a folder I have multiple files. I want total time taken to write those files. Can you please suggest what will be the best way to go for it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?

Hi... Thanks to read this... I want to use mkdir to create many directories listed in a text file, let's say. How do I do this? Sorry for this maybe very basic question :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp file creation time

Hi Team, Could you please let me know ,how to find the file creation date time in SFTP server. i tred like , ls -ltr command only availble and not available like ls --full-time test.txt please help? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
7 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Balancer(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Balancer(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Balancer - A Software Load Balancer SYNOPSIS
This role is used internally by DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated. DESCRIPTION
Given a pool (DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Pool) of replicated database's (DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Replicant), defines a method by which query load can be spread out across each replicant in the pool. ATTRIBUTES
This class defines the following attributes. auto_validate_every ($seconds) If auto_validate has some sort of value, run "validate_replicants" in DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Pool every $seconds. Be careful with this, because if you set it to 0 you will end up validating every query. master The DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI object that is the master database all the replicants are trying to follow. The balancer needs to know it since it's the ultimate fallback. pool The DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Pool object that we are trying to balance. current_replicant Replicant storages (slaves) handle all read only traffic. The assumption is that your database will become readbound well before it becomes write bound and that being able to spread your read only traffic around to multiple databases is going to help you to scale traffic. This attribute returns the next slave to handle a read request. Your "pool" attribute has methods to help you shuffle through all the available replicants via its balancer object. METHODS
This class defines the following methods. _build_current_replicant Lazy builder for the "current_replicant_storage" attribute. next_storage This method should be defined in the class which consumes this role. Given a pool object, return the next replicant that will serve queries. The default behavior is to grab the first replicant it finds but you can write your own subclasses of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Balancer to support other balance systems. This returns from the pool of active replicants. If there are no active replicants, then you should have it return the master as an ultimate fallback. around: next_storage Advice on next storage to add the autovalidation. We have this broken out so that it's easier to break out the auto validation into a role. This also returns the master in the case that none of the replicants are active or just forgot to create them :) increment_storage Rolls the Storage to whatever is next in the queue, as defined by the Balancer. around: select Advice on the select attribute. Each time we use a replicant we need to change it via the storage pool algorithm. That way we are spreading the load evenly (hopefully) across existing capacity. around: select_single Advice on the select_single attribute. Each time we use a replicant we need to change it via the storage pool algorithm. That way we are spreading the load evenly (hopefully) across existing capacity. before: columns_info_for Advice on the current_replicant_storage attribute. Each time we use a replicant we need to change it via the storage pool algorithm. That way we are spreading the load evenly (hopefully) across existing capacity. _get_forced_pool ($name) Given an identifier, find the most correct storage object to handle the query. AUTHOR
John Napiorkowski <jjnapiork@cpan.org> LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-05 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Balancer(3)