Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting text between two patterns 1 and 2 and pattern2 should be second occurrence of the file Post 302547829 by gangii87 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 05:18:33 PM
Old 08-16-2011
Extracting text between two patterns 1 and 2 and pattern2 should be second occurrence of the file

Hi All,
I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines

File 1:
29-Jul-2011 [pattern1] GMT Static data requires update <Extraction should start here>
-----------
-----------
----------[pattern2]----------
-----------------------
-----------[pattern2] <should stop here>

Pattern1 will be time and pattern2 will be some userid:XYZ

I am trying to use following script, but it stops after the first occurrence of pattern2
awk ' /08:48:17/ { flag=1; } /gangii87/{ print $0; flag=0;} flag { print $0 }' log

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete string in a text file leaving the first occurrence

Hi, How can i delete the second and subsequent occurrence of a particular string from a file ? eg) test.txt cattle bat battle mat matter cattle cattle my output file should be cattle bat battle mat matter (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the lines between last occurrence of two patterns

Hi I am new shell scripting, i need help on the follwoing I have a application log file, the application is called on cron, the log includes a "started" and "finished" lines repeatedly. I need to get the log of the for the latest run of the application. Sample log file Started adfa fadfa... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvz
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Help.To Search Between Pattern1 And Pattern2 Containing Certain Text

Hi, Here is a sample of my Test File $ cat TestFile1 Prompt Table DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID; ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID MONITORING; ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID STORAGE ( NEXT 3464K ); Prompt Table DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID; ALTER TABLE DQZ.DQZ_ALTER_SCHEMA_ID MOVE LOB... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating and Extracting Specific Patterns from a file

Hi all, 1. I have a file that is getting continously refreshed (appended) I want to grep all the strings containing substring of the type abcdf123@aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:portnumber: where, before @, any letters or numbers combination, after @, IP address then symbol : then port... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoras
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk print between different patterns the first occurrence

Thanks for the help yesterday. I have a little modification today, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR Exception1 blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to line if begins with pattern1 AND does not end with pattern2

Hello, I'm looking for sed solution to change ... <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword <li>keyword</li> ... to ... <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> <li>keyword</li> ... I.e., if lines beginning with <li> do not end with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a set of patterns from the text file

Hi experts, I need a help in extracting a set of patterns from the text file. Below is my scenario. Input file: I need to extract the data between My output should be as Thanks, Kalai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding text to the end of the specific line in a file(only to the first occurrence of it)

Hi, I want to add a text to the end of the specific line in a file. Now my file looks like this: 999 111 222 333 111 444 I want to add the string " 555" to the end of the first line contaning 111. Moreover, I want to insert a newline after this line containg the "000" string. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Header(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::Header(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Header - DNS packet header class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Header;" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Header" object represents the header portion of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $header = Net::DNS::Header->new; "new" creates a header object appropriate for making a DNS query. parse ($header, $offset) = Net::DNS::Header->parse($data); Parses the header record at the start of a DNS packet. The argument is a reference to the packet data. Returns a Net::DNS::Header object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the header object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). print $header->print; Prints the header record on the standard output. string print $header->string; Returns a string representation of the header object. id print "query id = ", $header->id, " "; $header->id(1234); Gets or sets the query identification number. qr print "query response flag = ", $header->qr, " "; $header->qr(0); Gets or sets the query response flag. opcode print "query opcode = ", $header->opcode, " "; $header->opcode("UPDATE"); Gets or sets the query opcode (the purpose of the query). aa print "answer is ", $header->aa ? "" : "non-", "authoritative "; $header->aa(0); Gets or sets the authoritative answer flag. tc print "packet is ", $header->tc ? "" : "not ", "truncated "; $header->tc(0); Gets or sets the truncated packet flag. rd print "recursion was ", $header->rd ? "" : "not ", "desired "; $header->rd(0); Gets or sets the recursion desired flag. cd print "checking was ", $header->cd ? "not" : "", "desired "; $header->cd(0); Gets or sets the checking disabled flag. ra print "recursion is ", $header->ra ? "" : "not ", "available "; $header->ra(0); Gets or sets the recursion available flag. ad print "The result has ", $header->ad ? "" : "not", "been verified " Relevant in DNSSEC context. (The AD bit is only set on answers where signatures have been cryptographically verified or the server is authoritative for the data and is allowed to set the bit by policy.) rcode print "query response code = ", $header->rcode, " "; $header->rcode("SERVFAIL"); Gets or sets the query response code (the status of the query). qdcount, zocount print "# of question records: ", $header->qdcount, " "; $header->qdcount(2); Gets or sets the number of records in the question section of the packet. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zocount" and refers to the number of RRs in the zone section. ancount, prcount print "# of answer records: ", $header->ancount, " "; $header->ancount(5); Gets or sets the number of records in the answer section of the packet. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "prcount" and refers to the number of RRs in the prerequisite section. nscount, upcount print "# of authority records: ", $header->nscount, " "; $header->nscount(2); Gets or sets the number of records in the authority section of the packet. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "upcount" and refers to the number of RRs in the update section. arcount, adcount print "# of additional records: ", $header->arcount, " "; $header->arcount(3); Gets or sets the number of records in the additional section of the packet. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "adcount". data $hdata = $header->data; Returns the header data in binary format, appropriate for use in a DNS query packet. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2007 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Question, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.1 perl v5.12.1 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Header(3)