Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV Post 302547796 by chipperuga on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 03:12:15 PM
Old 08-16-2011
Yes, it should work. I'll give this a shot. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by chipperuga; 08-16-2011 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Misunderstanding

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

WEB Server Log File Analysis using awk/sed/grep

I'm trying to find a way to show large page sizes (page size in K) from multiple web server log files. Essentially I want to show only rows from a file where a specific column is larger than some value. Has anyone ever done this type of log analysis? If so, a snippet of code would be very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_cataldo@ad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help please with Grep/Sed command to extract text and numbers from a file

Hello All, I need to extract lines from a file that contains ALPHANUMERIC and the length of Alphanumeric is set to 16. I have pasted the sample of the lines from the text file that I have created. My problem is that sometimes 16 appears in other part of the line. I'm only interested to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Router ping log extract data from it Awk/Sed/grep

Hi, I am new to this world.. Using expect i loging to router and checking ping response to my links. I need to genarate report using this output and that report contains only three file link name, packet loss, latency. my output of script is like below: -bash-3.00$ monmw/mwbkp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmistry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk / grep to extract information from log

Hi all, I have a query that runs that outputs data in the following format - 01/09/12 11:43:40,ADMIN,4,77,Application Group Load: Name(TESTED) LoadId(5137-1-0-1XX-15343-15343) File(/dir/dir/File.T03.CI2.RYR.2012009.11433350806.ARD) InputSize(5344) OutputSize(1359) Rows(2) Time(1.9960)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a log file and put it in a file

Hi, I would like to seek your help for a script that will extract data from log file and put it in a file. Sample log file 2018-10-23 12:33:21 AI ERROR -- tpid: SAMPLE_TH account: 123456789 aiSessionNumber: 660640464 mapName: xxx to yyy errorDesc: Translation Error:ErrorNumber : 993 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverwinter112
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk/sed command to extract the string between 2 patterns but having some particular value

Hi - i have one file with content as below. ***** BEGIN 123 ***** BASH is awesome ***** END ***** ***** BEGIN 365 ***** KSH is awesome ***** END ***** ***** BEGIN 157 ***** KSH is awesome ***** END ***** ***** BEGIN 7123 ***** C is awesome ***** END ***** I am trying to find all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies
SPICY-SNAPSHOT(1)					      General Commands Manual						 SPICY-SNAPSHOT(1)

NAME
spicy-snapshot - Spice screen-shot capture tool SYNOPSIS
spicy-snapshot [--uri=<uri>] [-h, --host=<host>] [-p, --port=<port>] [-s, --secure-port=<port>] [-w, --password=<password>] [-o, --out-file=<filename>] [--version] [-?, --help] DESCRIPTION
spicy-snapshot connects to Spice server and capture screen-shot to a ppm format file, the default file name is snappy.ppm OPTIONS
--uri= <uri> Spice server uri. -h, --host=<host> Spice server address. -p, --port=<port> Spice server port -s, --secure-port=<port> Spice server secure port -w, --password=<password> Spice server password -o, --out-file=<filename> Output file name (default snappy.ppm) --version Display spicy-snapshot version -?, --help Display help information SEE ALSO
spicec(1) spicy(1) Spice related documents can be found at http://www.spice-space.org/documentation.html AUTHOR
Spice project This manual page was written by Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. August 15, 2011 SPICY-SNAPSHOT(1)