Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change text color in postscript file Post 302547781 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of August 2011 02:27:30 PM
Old 08-16-2011
If it's just a simple change of some text to another, that can be done with sed. You'd have to post an example of what you'd want changed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

color a figure in text file

Good morning, Can someone help to color a figure in columns if its exceeding a threshold using shell script . ex. I have file contains 5 columns showing a value in % I need to show the value in red if it exceed 90 % Appreciate your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color on another terminal

i already have a running and working script for remote connection. is there a way to change the terminal color everytime I ssh remotely to another server? this is to avoid confusion since I will be using only one server to remotely access around 50 servers (solaris, linux,. etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

5. AIX

Printing Postscript files through Infoprint Manager to a Postscript printer

Hello, I am runnning Infoprint Manager 4.3 on AIX 5.2 . There is no problem printing AFP files, but I have hit a snag trying to use "AIX DSS" or "Other Printer" actual destinations to send unconverted Postscript files to native Postscript printers. The files are big, and they print correctly,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahetzel
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change text color in Korn shell to highlight Error

Hi this is my first post, so forgive me if what I'm requesting doesn't make sense. I'm connecting into a Unix server via SSH and using a Korn Shell (#!/bin/ksh). The Unix server has Oracle 11g installed on it and there are a number of scripts already setup to query the Oracle database to perform... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeithJ
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enscript text 2 postscript converter

I am trying to create a pdf file starting with a .eps file for the letterhead, and a text file to print on it. According to the man page the following should work. ^@epsf /home/aoti/coll07.eps ****** INVOICE ****** PAGE: 1 where ^@ is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change text color from echo command?

I have a bash script that starts and stops a game among other things through in.fifo and out.fifo In game the text comes out gray . Kinda hard to see in game window . I would like to change it to purple and maybe capitalize it. #!/bin/bash #nwservctl.sh cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222222quick
5 Replies
SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-subst - GNU shtool sed(1) substitution operations SYNOPSIS
shtool subst [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-n|--nop] [-w|--warning] [-q|--quiet] [-s|--stealth] [-i|--interactive] [-b|--backup ext] [-e|--exec cmd] [-f|--file cmd-file] [file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This command applies one or more sed(1) substitution operations to stdin or any number of files. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -n, --nop No operation mode. Actual execution of the essential shell commands which would be executed is suppressed. -w, --warning Show warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change on every file. The default is to show a warning on substitution operations resulted in no content change on all files. -q, --quiet Suppress warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change. -s, --stealth Stealth operation. Preserve timestamp on file. -i, --interactive Enter interactive mode where the user has to approve each operation. -b, --backup ext Preserve backup of original file using file name extension ext. Default is to overwrite the original file. -e, --exec cmd Specify sed(1) command directly. -f, --file cmd-file Read sed(1) command from file. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool subst -i -e 's;(c) ([0-9]*)-2000;(c) 1-2001;' *.[ch] # RPM spec-file %install shtool subst -v -n -e 's;^(prefix=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix};g' -e 's;^(sysconfdir=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/etc;g' `find . -name Makefile -print` make install HISTORY
The GNU shtool subst command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 2001 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by the need to have a uniform and convenient patching frontend to sed(1) operations in the OpenPKG package specifications. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)